32X60X80 tent, what LED setup? Because CMH is too hot

Untchbl

Folks... I'm about 3 weeks into my first grow. I bought the below listed tent to fit my space in my upstairs bedroom. I started 8 photo seeds and have recently realized that I'm really going to need a bigger light footprint to veg these so I can sex them out. A second Nanolux is likely out of the question due to temps.

I bought a single Nanolux 315 CMH that I am very happy with, but have concerns with the heat and have decided that I want to fill the full footprint of the tent instead of just a 3x3 space. For exhaust I am upgrading to a 6" or 8” hyper fan and the upstairs room that it is in ranges from mid to high 60’s at night and as warm as mid 70’s during the day in the summer.

TopoGrow D-Door 60"X32"X80" Indoor Grow Tent Room
71gAJfcnL-L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Thoughts on what might be the ideal light or lights to take me from seed to flower? Quantum board? 2 of them? Mars?

I'm handy and could assemble something if there is a good tutorial or walk through somewhere, but the sheer amount of information and options is daunting to me.

Folks... I'm about 3 weeks into my first grow. I bought the below listed tent to fit my space in my upstairs bedroom. I started 8 photo seeds and have recently realized that I'm really going to need a bigger light footprint to veg these so I can sex them out. A second Nanolux is likely out of the question due to temps.

I bought a single Nanolux 315 CMH that I am very happy with, but have concerns with the heat and have decided that I want to fill the full footprint of the tent instead of just a 3x3 space. For exhaust I am upgrading to a 6" or 8” hyper fan and the upstairs room that it is in ranges from mid to high 60’s at night and as warm as mid 70’s during the day in the summer.

TopoGrow D-Door 60"X32"X80" Indoor Grow Tent Room
71gAJfcnL-L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Thoughts on what might be the ideal light or lights to take me from seed to flower? Quantum board? 2 of them? Mars?

I'm handy and could assemble something if there is a good tutorial or walk through somewhere, but the sheer amount of information and options is daunting to me.

Hello Untchbl:

We make some pretty awesome led grow lights. For your space, we would reccomend the item below:

For full cycle, we would reccomend 3500k. Our full spec is also a great option for full cycle growing. We also have a forum discount of 10% 420MAG. All our lighting features top bin diodes from Samsung. The kits come mostly assembled with easy to follow instructions.

You will definitely see a drop in heat with our lighting.

Here is a sample grow up the kit we sent a link to.

IMG_20191012_092845_693.jpg

Ouch, plastic corners :( . I wouldn't hang a lot of weight in that tent.

Hey Untchbl:

One would work. To get the wattage up per sq ft and give more even coverage, two would be better. Two would help even out the PPFD in your grow space.

If you don't want to deal with assembly, just comment on your order that you want it complete. We build each order complete to test functionality and run variable testing to make sure every is correct. We normally disassemble for shipping.

Thanks again for considering us!

Best,

Budget LED

@BudgetLED what about 2 of the 120's?

You could. Customers are utilizing the 120 (×2) in more of a 2 x 4 footprint.

Having two of the 250w kits would offer more ppfd coverage for that space. Or one 120 and one 250w Is also an option.

Hey @SmokeSara which of your lights would best fit this tent?
Hi Untchbl, thanks for considering Mars Hydro, :thanks:for the space 60''x32'' it is around 5'x2.6' which is rectangle. Right now if you use this tent for veg only, best option will be one of the TSL 2000. It can actually cover 3'x6' space during veg. Total wattage around 300w. But I am aware that you will need the light for both veg and flower, so one of the TSL 2000 won't be enough and suitable during flowering. In this case, I would suggest you try add another rectangle light: SP 150 during flower (then total wattage would be 440w, replace 600~700w HPS, CMH perfectly), it will be mostly suitable your space. (I were thinking about two square TSW 2000, but those two will be a little powerful in that space unless you dimmer the light) Two lights together will be less than 400USD. Hope meed your budget. :D :circle-of-love:

If you still want to use the CMH, you can just put this light as compensation light during flowering as well. But total wattage will be 150w more. :Namaste: Hope this helps!

Thanks @SmokeSara what's the main difference between the SP series and the TS series?

Below are the main differences! :green_heart:

But here is the common advantages they share: :green_heart:
- Both are high PPE over 2.0umol/j (TS around 2.15~2.35; SP around 2.35~2.7), more efficiency and can save more energy.
- Both are sun like full spectrum, easy on eyes to see the plants, can cover from seedling to flowering
- Both are no fan design, no noise
- Both can dim the light from the driver (except for TS 600 and SP 150)

Back
Top Bottom