CMH 1000

wilson2

hi, nanolux has a 1000w cmh. My local hydro claims the results are amazing, In fact I was shown photos of some massive colas. All my googling hasnt told me the ppfd of the light, the recomended hanging height , or the amount of heat to expect. My room is 7.5high does anyone have any experience with these lights. thanks

I had not heard of a 1k CMH before now. Everyone seems to be running the 315's.

Personally I far prefer led to hid lighting. Resource wise it's a more efficient option.

The average monthly energy use in the u.s. is less than 900kw/hours per month. With a 12 hour run time per day your looking at 360kw/hours per month for one light. Our home grows place a much larger demand on the grid than most people realize. Food for thought. I'm sure it would produce some nice buds.

The only application I could see a 1000 Watt CMH being used in would be large scale growing or warehouse commercial growing. A 630 watt CMH can outperform a 1000 watt HPS so what more do you want? Do you have a very large grow space you are trying to cover with a large reflector? In my opinion a 630 CMH is probably the max you need in your average home grow. All depends on your grow space I suppose.

The only application I could see a 1000 Watt CMH being used in would be large scale growing or warehouse commercial growing. A 630 watt CMH can outperform a 1000 watt HPS so what more do you want? Do you have a very large grow space you are trying to cover with a large reflector? In my opinion a 630 CMH is probably the max you need in your average home grow. All depends on your grow space I suppose.
I think your right, I have 3 plants and will park a 630 over each. My local hydro suggested the 1000.s for the best yield. But after reading through some grows the yield and quality should be ample.

I think your right, I have 3 plants and will park a 630 over each. My local hydro suggested the 1000.s for the best yield. But after reading through some grows the yield and quality should be ample.

I think your making a wise decision. I don't know the guys at your local shop and I shouldn't comment on someone's motives whom I do not know but if I had to make a guess I would say they have been sitting on these 1000 watt CMH fixtures and thought a sales pitch might move them out of their way... just speculation…

maybe but they showed me pics of colas like baseball bats grown under these lights. My head room was my main concern , and like I already stated the 630cmh should supply ample bud.

Back
Top Bottom