4-200g Smart pot Irrigation

Spiceisland

Need some help or suggestion with irrigation, just getting tired of always mixing my nutes can be very time consuming. I'm a backyard outdoor grower, is it possible I could run my nutes on a timer from a reservoir to the plants without having to run it to the garden house faucet?

Should be no problem, I have buddies who use drip irrigation to do coco, reservoir pump on timer, feed 2-3 times a day for 15-20 minutes each time. :peace:

Yep, it should be very possible. I would say it depends on your medium the most though. If you're using a soilless mix that retains a lot of water (say mostly peat moss), and you only have to water every couple days, It'd be harder to nail down when exactly the plant needs to be watered. Also say it rains between watering periods, and your roots are soaked for too long. That could lead to issues and slower growth.

On the other hand, if you use a medium that drains quickly like Coco or many of the other hydro mediums, you probably won't run into as many issues (hopefully). Depending on your reservoir construction, you may have to add an air stone or similar to keep anaerobic stuff, like algae, growing.

Back
Top Bottom