400 Watt MH 14000k

nyimski

Hey guys, I have a question regarding my lighting that I am hoping you can help me with.

As the title states I am currently running 2x 400 Watt MH 14000k lights which I was using on my saltwater aquarium for growing corals. I have ten seedlings under them currently at a height of 16" from bulb to tips of the plants which all seem to be doing well. They have been under the lights for eleven days now on 18/6 with an average room temp of 85F.

What I would like to know is do you guys consider these suitable for the job and if so can I veg and flower on these?.
I know there are better things I could use but I am unemployed currently and have little if any spare cash so trying to use what I already have available.

Just fine for veg my friend. It will also work for flower if your on a budget . Most ppl prefer hps but both would work fine on there own for the whole grow cycle.

Thanks for the quick reply buddy and very glad to hear they are up to the job. Would it be worth me getting a couple of these (Grolux 400W Dual Spectrum Grow Lamp - 58000 Lumens) to swap out for flowering or anything in a similar price range you could suggest that may work better?

Nothing off the top of my head. You will be fine with your mh I have done start to finish grows with only mh and hps . The hps is nice cuz of the high Lumen output but nodes will stretch more in veg and look kinda lanky. IMO I would just leave it you will be just fine

Great stuff, another saving!
Thanks again buddy, you set my mind at ease, I'll stick with what I have then and carry on as I was.

Likewise! I got better results when I changed but until I did I was still pulling in buds enough to keep me stoned.....

Back
Top Bottom