400W MH - Northern Lights - White Widow - Strawberry Cough - 600W HPS Flower

OEF Vet 11B

I'm legalize. Been around the forums for the past year or so hiding in the background. Read a lot of sweet sue, major pita, and many others (for some reason I can't remember names) so if we could get a drop in by some of the big whips I'd be stoked. I have wanted to do a journal for a while now but have been and still am quite skeptical about security(I will gladly take any reassurance.) I'm a disabled veteran living in a state that won't let me choose my own medicine. I get hammered with all of these pills from the VA docs and they make me worse. I suffer from some body pain (arthritis, degenerative disc disease and whatever else the army put me through) also from PTSD. I did one tour in Afghanistan as an infantryman and wasn't fortunate enough to see everyone come home. We've lost a few since we've cas back by suicide. It sucks to know that cannabis can help but our brothers and sisters who fought for our freedoms can't legally use it. Enough of the rambling about me. I started out a year ago with a goal to not buy weed again. I don't want to make money I just want to supply myself. I started with some cheap diy CFL setups and upgraded to a t5. Did 2 harvests of autos with that and wanted more. This quickly turned into me wanting to grow perpetually. I didn't know the word for it yet but I had the idea in my mind. I recently upgraded to a 400w ballast which have 2 plants which somehow survived every possible disaster being thrown at them(I've learned a lot.) They're almost done. Just this week I ordered another tent and a 600w ballast. So I'm currently running a 400w mh in a 3'x3'x6' text(small but to have 2 tents I needed it smaller) 18/6 lighting. For my flower I have a 600w hps in a 4'x4'x6.5'. I am ready for this next harvest because it's. Nothing near what I wanted and I am ready to begin fresh with my girls. Enough rambling... I'm kind of baked and will just keep babbling on about random stuff. I should probably proofread the before I post but it's ok right? By the way... I'm still buying weed :( Will post pictures later. Here's some more info about my grow:

What strain is it? I have a few. Currently have Northern Lights in veg and flower. Have two white widow just put into solo cups from seed and also two strawberry cough put in solo cups.

If in Veg... For how long? My northern lights in veg broke soil a little over a month ago.

If in Flower stage... For how long? Honestly not sure. I have learned a lot the past few months and keeping track of growth time has been overlooked.

Soil or Hydro? I use fox farmy ocean forest. Only because I'm not that educated or involved in the process for making better soil. I add a little perlite but that's it. Always up for suggestions. From what I have gathered and done so far, I start in solo cups transplant to 3 gallons and then again to 5 gallons.

Size of light? Veg 400w mh / flower 600w hps. Is this sketchy? Obviously people can be using thesearch lights to grow tomatoes and cucumbers so I hope not.
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? Just got second tent setup so still adjusting everything but veg tent seems to be 66-70 and flower tent seems to be around 75 steady. This is during the day. My tents are in a cool place so Temps drop down to about 61-65 at night. Not sure if this is an issue.

RH of Room/cab? Haven't been in great control of rh. Flower tents around 20, rather not risk it. Veg tent ranges.

PH of media or res? Just started measuring PH of soil and if it reads right I range from 6.5-7.

Any Pests ? Occasional gnats with fresh soil. From what I read due to fox farm. I mix a diatomaceous earth solution and it seems to rid them fast.

How often are you watering? When needed. Sometimes I misjudge and can tell of my mistake the next day.

Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm trio. Very basic knowledge of nutes. Will take any advice. Generally use 1/4 strength. I also have calmag with very little guidance of when to use.

This is a pic of one I had randomly live. She was topped a while ago. Not even sure of age. and just did a little lst yesterday.this is after.
20160122_122154.jpg
This is right after lst.
20160122_122140.jpg
Not sure what's going on with this one.
20160122_122127.jpg
20160122_122123.jpg
This one was showing signs of heat stress before I got the new tent. Did some bending on her.
20160122_122119.jpg
20160122_122114.jpg
Before lst again.
20160121_141849.jpg

Most of them seem to show signs of "the claw" so I probably shouldn't have given them 2 weeks into a up pot.

that i dont know.. i too have a droid but havent gotten around to uploading anything as of yet.. still in the moving operations process.. set up n transplanting should all be complete by the weekend.. as of now i have all the lil ones in a 15 gal fishtank.. in solo cups.. its getting scary. its over crowded and im starting to worry about them getting root bound as 75% of them are already starting on their 4th node.. this damn lake effect has kept me more than busy with commercial plowing.. sheesh.

Well you're up and running, and that's good. There's not a lot I can do to offer advice, other than to encourage you to get to know some of the members who work with bottled fertilizers. I know absolutely nothing about fertilizers or about your lights. You've read some of my journals, so you're aware I grow in living organic soil that grows the plants for me. I'm not your average bear, at all.

Hmmm.... Are you familiar with the 420 Veterans' Lounge? Here's the link.

420 Veterans' Lounge

That link will take you to the last entries, so you'll be in real time. Introduce yourself and let them know you've started a new journal and you could use the help. There're many talented cultivator's there. If there's no one there right now just be patient. They'll notice you and come to your aid.

I wish you the best of luck with your grow, and I'll be watching from the sidelines and occasionally cheering you on. That's the best I can do for you at the moment.

Hello to you as well STIHL LOGGER. These friendships that spring up between new members tend to last for years. A couple of us from my first class went on to become rather popular on the site and we've maintained those bonds over time. Enjoy the experience. If you ever need my help, you know where to find me. I'll do my best when called upon. :love:

Well you're up and running, and that's good. There's not a lot I can do to offer advice, other than to encourage you to get to know some of the members who work with bottled fertilizers. I know absolutely nothing about fertilizers or about your lights. You've read some of my journals, so you're aware I grow in living organic soil that grows the plants for me. I'm not your average bear, at all.

Hmmm.... Are you familiar with the 420 Veterans' Lounge? Here's the link.

420 Veterans' Lounge

That link will take you to the last entries, so you'll be in real time. Introduce yourself and let them know you've started a new journal and you could use the help. There're many talented cultivator's there. If there's no one there right now just be patient. They'll notice you and come to your aid.

I wish you the best of luck with your grow, and I'll be watching from the sidelines and occasionally cheering you on. That's the best I can do for you at the moment.

Hello to you as well STIHL LOGGER. These friendships that spring up between new members tend to last for years. A couple of us from my first class went on to become rather popular on the site and we've maintained those bonds over time. Enjoy the experience. If you ever need my help, you know where to find me. I'll do my best when called upon. :love:

Thanks Sue! I have been very intrigued by your by your grows. I appreciate the support. As many times as I've been through these forums I've never noticed the veterans lounge. I'll have to check it out.

Had to come over and join your show. Thanks for the journal. Most of all thanks for your service.

Back
Top Bottom