My First Grow! 400W HPS/MH

Dlaw90

I would like to first appreciate everyone that has helped me so far on this website. I'm hopefully just yield enough for my own personal smoke. Currently i have no access to good soil, the plants i have right now are dank seeds and currently were planted 2cm deep about 1 day ago after germination. I currently have about 10 more seeds germinating to add to my grow. Also dank seeds. Due to the scarcity of soil in my area im forced to grow with either Scotts advance moisture potting soil or MG potting soil. I have Scotts and so far have mixed it with perlite 50/50 with soil. I plan on building a small hydroponics system to eliminate the use of soil. I've ordered fox farm nutrients to use for the ponics setup. Ill also use it around three weeks into my soiled plants. This is my first grow so i plan on some plants not making it. If i have some that are doing well I plan on switching them over to my hydroponic system. Any help along the way would be appreciated. Ps I also have a 400w mh/hps on the way. I plan on using the hps part in the bigger room. I plan on keeping them in veg on the side room or rooms until i move them into the flower room.

zojrcn.jpg

x2nfhg.jpg

i too have a 400 watt mh hps set up i personally have used alot of differnt kinds of potting soil and one of the ones i perfer dispite what ppl say about it i have used the organic mg soil and grew one of my plants with ocean forrest [ff] and they were about the same one took off faster the other caughgt up and then surpassed so in my expiernce as long as you water and feed nutes properly itll be fine. also i too will be switching from soil to areo so that will be intresting but come by check it out sweet mango is in progress purple kush and dgis completed[

Sweet Mango Auto Grow

First HID Grow Purple Kush clone Diamond Og Clone

Im not sure i would really for comfortable with shipping bags of soil to my house. I also really just like the aeroponic idea. It doesn't seem to hard to do. The setup is really easy. Im just waiting on my 550gph pump to come in. I do have some questions about nutrients and swapping water in the resivoir tank. My nutrients call for a weekly schedule. Does this mean that i dump out the water and add in new water with this weeks correct nutrients levels? If someone could help me out here, it should would be appreciated. Thanks alot for all the help!

Tonight i will be planting about 10 more seeds in soil. Ill post pics later.

Any Ideas? Ive searched around and still dont get it. I just dont understand how to use the weekly schedule for fox farms with the resivoir water.

Would you not stick with soil grow for the first one just to get the swing of things and upgrade to hydro on the next go around? I personnaly found that the flavour of any strain grown from organic soil & using organic nutrients is exceptional. It is always a very good method to use until you are 110% comfortable with hydro. At least if your using soil and something goes wrong you have time to correct the problem. This is alot harder to do with hydro as hydroponic nutrients are much more "quicker to the plant" for use of a better term lol. Hope this helps, Keep us updated on your progress :goodjob:

Would you not stick with soil grow for the first one just to get the swing of things and upgrade to hydro on the next go around? I personnaly found that the flavour of any strain grown from organic soil & using organic nutrients is exceptional. It is always a very good method to use until you are 110% comfortable with hydro. At least if your using soil and something goes wrong you have time to correct the problem. This is alot harder to do with hydro as hydroponic nutrients are much more "quicker to the plant" for use of a better term lol. Hope this helps, Keep us updated on your progress :goodjob:

I do plan on going all out with soil for the first time. Im just curious so I can put my nice seeds in the aero system.

Well to answer your res question.. Yes.. Every week or how ever so often that it says you will dump the old and mix the new with the appropriate amount of each solution.. and plan on flushing w/no nutes during ur las week of flower with a hydro while as some soil growers i know tend to flush the last 2 weeks of flower.. Hope this helps..

#Sosa

I would stick with soil if I had options other than mg and scotts. Not organic mg either. Thanks alot to confirm my question.

Honestly you really cant believe the hype until you jump in and try it for yourself.. I personally an 2 weeks away from completing my first grow which was hydro and really had "BIG" hiccups.. Honestly im intimidated by soil but i really want to purchase a grow tent and give some high end leds a shot with a good soil mix.. but then i see deals on 1000w digital ballasts and HPS and MH lights and 18 site hydro kits and my mind keeps twirling.. w/e u decide sir get ur basics fine tuned and the rest will come along the way.. It is a plant after all. Best of luck...

#Sosa

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom