First Scrog Attempt - Soil - 400W - From Seed

Well come mid January money is less of a concern but right now I literally have just enough to get to work and back and cover rent. How do the liquid ph indicators work? Come flowering time I definitely want to make sure everything goes smooth

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You simply add a few drops of the liquid ph indicator to a measured quantity of water and it will change colour according to the ph and then you check that colour against a ph chart that comes with the liquid. It works the same way as litmus paper.

You simply add a few drops of the liquid ph indicator to a measured quantity of water and it will change colour according to the ph and then you check that colour against a ph chart that comes with the liquid. It works the same way as litmus paper.

So I check the water before and then The runoff too? What am I aiming for? Low to mid 6 range on both ends?

I've been where you are before in relation to money and an old saying comes to mind. Weed will get you through times of no money much better than money can you through times of no weed.

That sounds about right, I'd say 6.5 - 6.8, but do a quick search on the site as there are a number of posts I've seen with ph charts and mineral uptake for both soil and soil less grows.

Edit to Add

I've just looked at my chart and 6.5 is optimum

That sounds about right, I'd say 6.5 - 6.8, but do a quick search on the site as there are a number of posts I've seen with ph charts and mineral uptake for both soil and soil less grows.

Edit to Add

I've just looked at my chart and 6.5 is optimum

Yea I just found a chart that basically said the same
420-magazine-mobile1610494366.jpg

One more question for the day,

I'm also torn between investing in a mars II 900 led or a 600w dimmable hps/mh system. Summers get really hot here and I'm gonna need a way to try and keep the heat down. I like dimmable system because I can adjust as needed and I can save some money. I like the led because it'll run cooler without needing to sacrifice light and hopefully I'll save a little on electricity. Any thoughts?

I've seen many other charts and most show slightly different element levels. For example, magnesium uptake starting at 6.5, so any lower and your locking out the mg and calmag cannot fix that. I'd say check out a few other charts, even do an image search in your favourite search engine (I hate google and refuse to use it). My preferred secure search engine is start page (no spying).

I'm using LED for the first time and am enjoying the results so far. I am personally unfamiliar with the Mars and I've heard good and bad things about it and it's hard to know what's true or not, but you will definitely cut down both on heat and electricity costs. I've got cheap night rates for electricity and I have my system running all through that time for both the veg and flowering stage.The drawback with LED is the initial purchase price is high!

Have you checked out my current grow journal? It's in my signature at the bottom.

@sgreenman not too sure where you are but look up ' ledgle' on amazon i think these will be my next leds i purchase. My 2 mars 300s and 600 produced well for my plants being so small so either would be a good choice

I am about 4 weeks into flower on my first ScrOG attempt. I am using Coco so that is different but I run the mars hydro reflector series and can't say anything bad about my lights. They are affordable, cheap on the bills and get great results.

I am anxious to watch you fill out your ScrOG net. I'm loving mine.

I am about 4 weeks into flower on my first ScrOG attempt. I am using Coco so that is different but I run the mars hydro reflector series and can't say anything bad about my lights. They are affordable, cheap on the bills and get great results.

I am anxious to watch you fill out your ScrOG net. I'm loving mine.

I was looking into the reflector series but the light distribution is a little better on the Mars II, although it's still not out of the running.

A little update. The girls are getting big, Plant C's new growth is looking healthy. Plant B is turning into a beast! I'm worried she is growing too fast for my January 14th flip date. I did some defoliation to all three to get better light penetration to the lower growth. Here's some pics
Before Defol Plant B
420-magazine-mobile1003044571.jpg

After Defol Plant B
420-magazine-mobile1259294757.jpg

Top of Canopy
420-magazine-mobile359597000.jpg

After Defol Plant A
420-magazine-mobile413234660.jpg

I was wondering when you were going to update SG and I wouldn't worry too much about rate of growth. Don't forget you can always move the branches to a different square to take advantage of natural spaces. For example, if need be, the left most tip of plant b can be trained more towards the camera perspective or even away from it. I have no idea where my growing tips are going to go until they, other growth and available space tell me. And, you can always do what I did and move the entire plant so it's better positioned to take advantage of spaces. I would be tempted to in your shoes.

So I just got my FF nute trio today so we are now on day 4 of flower. I'm finding it hard to keep the canopy even without overcrowding many of the openings. Still the canopy is remaining pretty even. My HPS bulb and oscillating clip fans should be coming in the mail tomorrow so I will be installing those tomorrow night. For now here is a couple more picks
Fox Farm
93f71b4ba2035bff425d28ec403f877c.jpg

Side view of the canopy
246ab457bc1568fa4669f7c1d190fc3b.jpg

Another top view
de2e217bb5d620efa508ac17d504b325.jpg

Back
Top Bottom