First Autoflower Grow - 2x Bubba OG & 1x White Widow - 400W HID

king bert

420 Member
Hey everybody, so after being forced to abandon my last grow, I have started again. Seeds germinated in bowl of water, then moved to paper towels, then transplanted to (final) 3 gallon pots where they will live. The seeds are also from a local fellow, so this is also an experiment to see if people are out here scamming or not haha. Anyways, they were planted on 1/23, and 1 WW didn't sprout, so we have 3. I saturated the pots before planting the seeds, and watered once since I planted them, on January 31. I was planning on watering them today, but I don't think they need it... If I stick my finger in the soil it is still a lil moist, but barely anything sticks to my finger on the way out hehe. I have them on 20/4 right now under 250w MH. Will crank it up to 400w MH a few days before switching to 400w HPS. I plan on switching in 400w HPS in once we hit week 3, on Feb 13. How does that sound? Do the plants look like they need water?

Setup:
2'x4'x5' grow tent
3 gal smart pots
FF Ocean Forest
600w dimmable mh/hps
6" duct booster fan exhaust
passive intake/ 2 clip on fans by vents
1 gal pressure sprayer to water them
Temp (F): 68-77
Humidity: 36-61

As you can see from the pics, Bubba OG B has one of its leaves curled down... It has been like that since it grew it, but i have yet to touch... Any advice? My main plan is to be quite minimal, and let nature do her thing. I plan on topping them once, but might leave one of the Bubba OG to grow natural to see if there is any difference. I will probably end up topping all of them though, because I have read many journals where people do what i just described, and they usually end up saying they wished they topped all of them.

Any advice on watering these young autoflowers would be greatly appreciated. I am all ears for any tips/tricks/advice as well, and will continue to do my own research. I hope to bring another update soon!

20180204_164258.jpg
20180204_164309.jpg
20180204_164324.jpg
20180204_164331.jpg
20180204_164339.jpg
20180204_164346.jpg

re: First Autoflower Grow - 2x Bubba OG & 1x White Widow - 400W HID

Hey everybody, so after being forced to abandon my last grow, I have started again. Seeds germinated in bowl of water, then moved to paper towels, then transplanted to (final) 3 gallon pots where they will live. The seeds are also from a local fellow, so this is also an experiment to see if people are out here scamming or not haha. Anyways, they were planted on 1/23, and 1 WW didn't sprout, so we have 3. I saturated the pots before planting the seeds, and watered once since I planted them, on January 31. I was planning on watering them today, but I don't think they need it... If I stick my finger in the soil it is still a lil moist, but barely anything sticks to my finger on the way out hehe. I have them on 20/4 right now under 250w MH. Will crank it up to 400w MH a few days before switching to 400w HPS. I plan on switching in 400w HPS in once we hit week 3, on Feb 13. How does that sound? Do the plants look like they need water?

Setup:
2'x4'x5' grow tent
3 gal smart pots
FF Ocean Forest
600w dimmable mh/hps
6" duct booster fan exhaust
passive intake/ 2 clip on fans by vents
1 gal pressure sprayer to water them
Temp (F): 68-77
Humidity: 36-61

As you can see from the pics, Bubba OG B has one of its leaves curled down... It has been like that since it grew it, but i have yet to touch... Any advice? My main plan is to be quite minimal, and let nature do her thing. I plan on topping them once, but might leave one of the Bubba OG to grow natural to see if there is any difference. I will probably end up topping all of them though, because I have read many journals where people do what i just described, and they usually end up saying they wished they topped all of them.

Any advice on watering these young autoflowers would be greatly appreciated. I am all ears for any tips/tricks/advice as well, and will continue to do my own research. I hope to bring another update soon!

20180204_164258.jpg
20180204_164309.jpg
20180204_164324.jpg
20180204_164331.jpg
20180204_164339.jpg
20180204_164346.jpg

Try not to overwater them just yet, the roots will still be developing, keep the humidity up and spray when the topsoil looks dry. Your plants will be feeding primarily through their leaves for the first three weeks or so

Apart from that I wish you all the best! Keep up with your research and plan, plan, plan. You've got a good idea of what's about to happen, I don't want to tell you how to grow your own garden ;)

There will be a load of people along for the ride, if you have any doubts just shout and one of the many friendly faces here will point you in the right direction

Thanks Joe! I just gave them a nice spray. Tried to focus more water in a diameter around the plant about the size of a solo cup. I sprayed over the whole layer of soil too. But more focused around the plant. Thanks again for such a quick response!

Thanks Joe! I just gave them a nice spray. Tried to focus more water in a diameter around the plant about the size of a solo cup. I sprayed over the whole layer of soil too. But more focused around the plant. Thanks again for such a quick response!

No worries Brosef, happy to be a part of your journey ;)

Is this your first Grow?

No worries Brosef, happy to be a part of your journey ;)

Is this your first Grow?

Yes it is! I had to abandon my last one after my plants were only about a month or so old (landlord had to do some work on my house), so I am just going to consider this my first :)

Yes it is! I had to abandon my last one after my plants were only about a month or so old (landlord had to do some work on my house), so I am just going to consider this my first :)

Haha you would have got away with it if it weren't for the pesky landlord ;)

We've all been there mate, I had to convince mine (a dear little old lady I might add) that it was a sensory tent for when I have a mental breakdown.

If it's a choice between lying to a sweet old soul or keeping a garden then that wizened, wrinkly little mofo can have it both barrels ;)

Haha you would have got away with it if it weren’t for the pesky landlord ;)

We’ve all been there mate, I had to convince mine (a dear little old lady I might add) that it was a sensory tent for when I have a mental breakdown.

If it’s a choice between lying to a sweet old soul or keeping a garden then that wizened, wrinkly little mofo can have it both barrels ;)

Haha, yea that is the last time I am abandoning! I really didn't want to, but the seeds were random bag seed so it didn't hurt TOO bad. But man, I swear I could hear them crying as I was ripping them from the soil :/

Haha, yea that is the last time I am abandoning! I really didn't want to, but the seeds were random bag seed so it didn't hurt TOO bad. But man, I swear I could hear them crying as I was ripping them from the soil :/

Haha you're definitely in the right place if your plants are talking to you ;) I've got to shoot but will be around mate, have a good one

Subbed in. I have two auto dark devils going at about the same age as yours, so will be cool to compare. I'm only running 250w of cfl though so will be great to see the yield differences. Have fun!

Thanks depecid! I subbed to yours... It will be cool to see how ours turn out.

Can anyone let me know if I should fix this leaf? It has been curled like that since it grew. Should I touch it and try to move it? With a toothpick maybe? Or just let it be?
20180204_164339.jpg

Good stuff man I just started my second grow first grow journal I’m growing all auto 2 Pineapple Kush 1 express 1 cheese 1 gsc and I’m topping and lst training them for an experiment..

Anyways those babies look happy and healthy very exciting..

Happy growing

Here is an update, as of 2/9, we are at day 17. They are lookin good. The biggest plant, Bubba OG A, is almost ready to be topped, so look forward to that in a day or two. I split a gallon of pH ~6.4-6.5 water between the three of them earlier today when lights came on. About to switch to 400w MH, and change lights cycle from 20/4 to 18/6. Temps have been perfect, aboug 68-78 degrees. RH around 35-60%. Life is good over here :)

Here's Bubba OG A
20180208_210049_-_Copy.jpg
20180208_210119_-_Copy.jpg

Bubba OG B
20180208_210138_-_Copy.jpg

20180208_210055_-_Copy.jpg

Heres White Widow B (The only white widow that germinated)
20180208_210110_-_Copy.jpg

Yesterday (2/10), I topped Bubba OG A just above the 3rd node. Waiting for the other 2 to catch up so I can top them, but will most likely only top the White Widow because Bubba OG B is a lil slow... has been since it popped with its leaf looking a little damaged. All good though. More pics later, but here is the freshly topped Bubba OG A (has grown alot since yesterday!)
20180210_101920.jpg

So I didn't realize the previous owner of this light used the MH bulb for 2 grows, so I really think it was too weak! I replaced it with a new 600w HPS bulb dimmed down to 400 watts, and it is WAY brighter... hotter too... temps around 81 degrees now. Plants were looking droopy past couple of days, but I think this new light is giving them new light. I plan on giving them their 3rd watering and 1 feeding this week... any advice? I am in FF Ocean Forest, and I know it has nutrients in it, but I kind of feel like I am playing catch up now... These babies seem way smaller than others I have seen at 3 weeks. I topped the White Widow, and started LSTing both the Bubba OG plants. Check it out. Please feel free to share any tips or advice!

20180213_201714.jpg

20180213_201706.jpg

20180213_201650.jpg
20180213_201642.jpg
20180213_201611.jpg

Uh oh this is not looking good :/ Can anyone offer advice? Did I kill them? I feel so sorry for them. I havent watered them since last Thursday, they each had about 3/4 a gallon with a half tsp. of big bloom/gallon and they have been looking droopy ever since... But then a leaf on the Bubba OG A plant looks all dried out... too much wind? Im not sure, but pictures speak louder than words so please check these out. Day 31 since popping

Bubba OG A

Bubba OG B

White Widow B

Back
Top Bottom