QB In A 2x2 With GG Allin's & A Dark Devil - Second Grow

Ignotus

Hi everyone!
I'm starting my new journal as I had so much fun with the first I wanted to continue. I also changed from a 200w cfl in the middle of the grow to a hlg QB 288 so I felt I should start a new thread rather than continue.

My first run is still drying in my tent so I am using my cfl to veg the girls at the moment, which it's doing an amazing job with. I may just keep the cfl for early veg as it seemed to outperform the QB in this area.

So the run will be like this:

Tent: 2x2x4 (yep, not much height)
Light: HLG QB 288 135w. This is supposed to flower a 2x2 perfectly so I'm keen to see how it goes with a packed tent
Nutrients: Canna Bio vega, Flores, Boost, Calimagic, and Seasol
Media: Canna Terra professional soilless
Exhaust: 4" Fan and carbon filter
Plants: 2x Southern Star Seeds GG Allins (100% indica) and 1x Sweet Seeds Auto Dark Devil
Pots: 3 Gal Fabric Geo Pots

I have a Bluelab soil ph pen I'll be using this round, as I almost killed my plants last time throwing some 8.3ph tap water in there and then blasting them with my new led at 100% power. The pen came in handy and helped me get the girls over the line.

So to start, here's some pics of the GG's at age 27 days

The little Dark Devil is only 9 days above the ground at the moment, so she is in a smaller pot ready to be transplanted maybe this afternoon. I managed to transplant the bigger GG with no slow down in growth, so I'm hoping to do the same. The Dark Devil was a last minute addition to try and fill the tent up a bit more, and I'm not expecting a lot as she will be on 12/12 in a week or so.

The GGs will be flipped as soon as the drying tent is free in a few days, as I don't have much height in there to accomodate a tall plant.

I'm in first :popcorn:

Should be fun to watch.....

No sign of sex yet, growth seems good.

Amber is starting to get some other shoots finally. I'd like to move her into the tent but I will keep her on 24 hours for another week or so and then move her.

Will both need a feed in the next day or two and will continue with Bio Vega, Bio Boost, Calimagic, and Seasol.

Plants were looking a little floppy last night and were almost bone dry.

Fed both with 2l of water and 5.5ml bio vega, 2ml calimagic, 1ml seasol, 4ml bio boost. Ph came down to 6.3 so no adjustment was made.

Hope they aren't both males as they are so nice and healthy looking!

Little DD keeps trying to look for the light and has to be adjusted twice a day. Still very small and not ready for the tent yet.

My led is on 100% power now and sitting around 23 inches above the canopy.

Quick update:
They're both girls! So stoked, as they are way bigger than my first autos were before flowering so I'm excited to see how they do. Going to be tight in there when Amber jumps in the mix.
I thought i might do 4 plants next run but i think 3 plants will max out the space easily.

Pics tomorrow

I'm a little unhappy with what I've done to poor amber. I think i started lst a bit early and mixed with the re potting it slowed her down a bit. She is looking ok now but i think will be a bit stunted.
I don't plan on anymore lst for her as she started flowering at day 24 last time, which isn't far away. She needs some height to catch up to the GGs which are at 9 inches now.

Plants looking great man. I love my QBs. How u like yours compared to your last light?

Cheers! This run is going so much better than my first, so I'm really happy so far.

The light is amazing! It cost me a bit with currency conversion and shipping, but hopefully it lasts a few years. Only thing id like is an external potentiometer... but it doesn't get dimmed often enough to worry about it.
Coming from the cfl, this is obviously a huge step up. I never completed my last grow with the cfl though, so hard to compare properly but the qb seems to be filling the whole tent pretty damn well.

Plants are looking good. Keeping an eye on the QB. May not be a bad idea to put some sort of a riser under Amber to keep a more level canopy

Thanks mate! Yea i must say this had crossed my mind too. I was gong to give her a few more days incase she stretches a bit more and will definitely lift her up if i need to.

Day 12 since flip, day 40 since germination.

The GG one the right is a heavy drinker. Going through 2l every 3 days and then she starts to droop. The left plant is probably going through that in 4 days.

Amber is stretching up now and has one main stalk and 4 sides.. so she'll be more of a typical shape rather than spread out like the others. Amber is at day 22.

I can't say much....

It looks great in there....keep doing what you have been....... :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom