420's Indoor Early Vixen Grow Journal - Nov 2015

newkidonblock

Hi Friends,

I don't want to murder any more plants. I can't seem to get no further then about 3 inches of growth.

Background on me:

Long time 420 smoker and big spender. I'm so mad at myself for not growing years ago. So while at the 420 spot I saw a few lonely clones and bought one for $10 and took the little darling home.

I didn't even think to go on to youtube. I just thought I could put a light on it and add water. Yay! So I have an extra bathroom and a 23 watt cfl light that was used for something else. I put the little baby in the corner and put a light on her. She was growing tall so I put another light on her. Since she was getting tall I thought well I better transplant her. Still not reading any info on the internet.

I went to big lots and saw some dirt for sale and a picked up a pot with no holes. I'm laughing to myself right now because I was such a fool.

I dumped the dirt into the big pretty green pottery pot with no drain holes. I thought what the heck are the holes for? Why would I want the water to drain out? Wouldn't my lovely want every drop was my rationalization.

I planted my love and placed her in another room where I could keep my eye on her. I clamped the two lights to a tripod, one upper and lower and she seemed to be ok. She was getting tall after all (skinny when I think of it now)
and had about 10 leaves after about 2 months. I again laugh because I thought she was doing ok.

Then the madness begins. I feel bad about the rest of the story because I feel like a failure and murder. The soil I was using was really for outside growing, but I thought dirt was dirt. One day the leaves I think were dropping and I think I assumed she needed water but I can't remember. I gave her water and I remember wow maybe she needs more water and well maybe I gave her too much.

Then I did a search on lights on Amazon. I still never thought about youtube maybe I just plant it and it will grow. I wanted to see how a LED light would work so I bought a 180watt bright pink LED light and put my lovely under it. I thought maybe the heat would dry her out. I read from some grower on Amazon that he had his about 18 inches from the top so I did that but she just keep drooping. So it's about almost 90 days in and she still only has about 35 leaves. I still thought that she was ok because she was standing. I thought as long as she was standing and had leaves she must be alive. When I look at the last video with the dropping leaves I think she was shocked and over watered, but still green. I bought some yellow strips because I saw a few gnats hanging out.

End the end she really did suffer as I transplanted her into a pot with holes and she threw her leaves up and said forget it I quit.

RIP my Clone Love

So I thought I would learn from that misery and looked at some videos. I was so mad that hadn't checked out youtube before hand. To my amazement there seems to be a science to growing weed.

I bought some Foxfarm Ocean soil and looked in my desk and founds a few old seeds (hoping they were lemon haze) and germinated them. I think it was three or four and two were good. I planted in small paper coffee type cups. I still used the same two 23 watt cfl's. I got excited when they popped through the dirt with strong baby stems I was already smoking them in my mind. I named them Bucky and Chucky. I put in the sunlight window when it was bright outside. I saw their heads sprout and got happy. I had to go out of town and couldn't debate what to do. Do I leave them indoors where I would have to leave the light on 24 hours or do I keep them in the window seal and let them get day and night light?

I watered them good and left them in the window. I was gone about three days and when I got back Chucky had toppled over and looked dead and Buckly had a star on showing his pride and growth. Bucky was strong looking with a couple of leaves. We bonded.

So I took Bucky and put him under the 180 watt pink LED and he seemed to be ok. Then I started noticing the tips get yellow. There was a lot of info but in hindsite it was the hot soil I'm convinced because Bucky was too young for anything else...to be continued as I really want you to know the history to get to where I am now...I do have some cheezy photos....coming

Current 11/22/15

What strain is it? Early Vixen

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg

If in Veg... For how long? 2 weeks

Indoor

Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Black Gold/ Ocean Farm

If soil... What size pot? 6inch

Size of light? 2 6500k CFL 150w

Is it aircooled? fan

Temp of Room/cab? Average 70-80

RH of Room/cab? Humidity? 28-35

PH of media or res?

Any Pests ? some gnats

How often are you watering? at first every other day no every 4 or 5v days

Type and strength of ferts used? None yet

Looks like I am 1st to sub which means I get a good seat :popcorn:

For a temporary fix for the gnats pick up a small sticky pest strip and place it down near the base of the plant. I do not like the long corkscrew ones , real messy but they do make a small square shaped one that works well just be careful they are sticky and messy when touched but they do work great.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of what you have going so far :thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hi Friends,

I don't want to murder any more plants. I can't seem to get no further then about 3 inches of growth.

Background on me:

Long time 420 smoker and big spender. I'm so mad at myself for not growing years ago. So while at the 420 spot I saw a few lonely clones and bought one for $10 and took the little darling home.

I didn't even think to go on to youtube. I just thought I could put a light on it and add water. Yay! So I have an extra bathroom and a 23 watt cfl light that was used for something else. I put the little baby in the corner and put a light on her. She was growing tall so I put another light on her. Since she was getting tall I thought well I better transplant her. Still not reading any info on the internet.

I went to big lots and saw some dirt for sale and a picked up a pot with no holes. I'm laughing to myself right now because I was such a fool.

I dumped the dirt into the big pretty green pottery pot with no drain holes. I thought what the heck are the holes for? Why would I want the water to drain out? Wouldn't my lovely want every drop was my rationalization.

I planted my love and placed her in another room where I could keep my eye on her. I clamped the two lights to a tripod, one upper and lower and she seemed to be ok. She was getting tall after all (skinny when I think of it now)
and had about 10 leaves after about 2 months. I again laugh because I thought she was doing ok.

Then the madness begins. I feel bad about the rest of the story because I feel like a failure and murder. The soil I was using was really for outside growing, but I thought dirt was dirt. One day the leaves I think were dropping and I think I assumed she needed water but I can't remember. I gave her water and I remember wow maybe she needs more water and well maybe I gave her too much.

Then I did a search on lights on Amazon. I still never thought about youtube maybe I just plant it and it will grow. I wanted to see how a LED light would work so I bought a 180watt bright pink LED light and put my lovely under it. I thought maybe the heat would dry her out. I read from some grower on Amazon that he had his about 18 inches from the top so I did that but she just keep drooping. So it's about almost 90 days in and she still only has about 35 leaves. I still thought that she was ok because she was standing. I thought as long as she was standing and had leaves she must be alive. When I look at the last video with the dropping leaves I think she was shocked and over watered, but still green. I bought some yellow strips because I saw a few gnats hanging out.

End the end she really did suffer as I transplanted her into a pot with holes and she threw her leaves up and said forget it I quit.

RIP my Clone Love

So I thought I would learn from that misery and looked at some videos. I was so mad that hadn't checked out youtube before hand. To my amazement there seems to be a science to growing weed.

I bought some Foxfarm Ocean soil and looked in my desk and founds a few old seeds (hoping they were lemon haze) and germinated them. I think it was three or four and two were good. I planted in small paper coffee type cups. I still used the same two 23 watt cfl's. I got excited when they popped through the dirt with strong baby stems I was already smoking them in my mind. I named them Bucky and Chucky. I put in the sunlight window when it was bright outside. I saw their heads sprout and got happy. I had to go out of town and couldn't debate what to do. Do I leave them indoors where I would have to leave the light on 24 hours or do I keep them in the window seal and let them get day and night light?

I watered them good and left them in the window. I was gone about three days and when I got back Chucky had toppled over and looked dead and Buckly had a star on showing his pride and growth. Bucky was strong looking with a couple of leaves. We bonded.

So I took Bucky and put him under the 180 watt pink LED and he seemed to be ok. Then I started noticing the tips get yellow. There was a lot of info but in hindsite it was the hot soil I'm convinced because Bucky was too young for anything else...to be continued as I really want you to know the history to get to where I am now...I do have some cheezy photos....coming

Current 11/22/15

What strain is it? Early Vixen

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg

If in Veg... For how long? 2 weeks

Indoor

Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Black Gold/ Ocean Farm

If soil... What size pot? 6inch

Size of light? 2 6500k CFL 150w

Is it aircooled? fan

Temp of Room/cab? Average 70-80

RH of Room/cab? Humidity? 28-35

PH of media or res?

Any Pests ? some gnats

How often are you watering? at first every other day no every 4 or 5v days

Type and strength of ferts used? None yet

The Early Vixen seeds you were growing were probably part of your problem.

I just harvested 3 - Crop King Early Vixen plants 1/25/16.

Worst seeds I have ever bought. The first 5 seeds cracked and never went further than that. The second 5 seeds I was sent as a replacement , only 3 germinated. One of the plants was severely dwarfed (7 gram yield) The other 2 plants were mainlined as an experiment and I only got around ¾ oz off each plant. I've done 10+ grows and never had results as bad as these Early Vixen seeds. I generally get 1 ½ to 2 oz per plant in my indoor setup. This was my first Crop King purchase and doubt there will be a second. Very disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom