4x4 1200w HPS overkill or not?

How is ppfd measured and maintained?

8oz per plant is a huge yield! What kind of veg times you giving them to achieve that?
Ideally with a PAR meter which is the most accurate but is ridiculously expensive.
I just use a cheap $20 LUX meter and then use a Lux to PPFD calculator which is plenty accurate enough to give you close PPFD.
I usually veg between 7-8 weeks, this current grow was only 6 weeks or so but I am pretty sure I should get my usual 8.6 oz per plant.

I’m currently growing with a 4x4 loft tent with 2x600w HPS in it. Is this overkill? I’m not in touch with the technical side of things such as lumens, PAR, spectrums or anything like that. Will it yield more than a single 600w HPS or just waste energy.. So what’s your opinion people? Overkill or not
Not at all. That's about right. People who say 1 600 HPS in a 4x4 are just plain wrong, but there's plenty of them. 1 light wont spread far enough and you cant utilise all the space in the tent. If you just want to grow one medium size plant in the middle you might be ok with 1. But if you ask me, pack it out. Lot of effort to go to not grow enough.

Back
Top Bottom