5-6 different nutes at a time in flowering?

RandyL

I'm doing an indoor soil grow. I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest dirt, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom nutes. I also give the plants Blackstrap Molasses once a week during a watering, at the rate of 2 tablespoons per gallon of water.

I've been to a few pot shops lately, and the people there are giving me ideas for what additional nutes to add during flowering to make bigger denser buds.

They are saying to add Cha-Ching and Beastie Bloom on top of what I'm already using. I looked at these products in a hydro store, and they are both dry products, $33 EACH for a little can! :yikes:

These 2 are each pretty heavy on the Phosphorous rating, something like 50 on each.

If I'm supposed to use BOTH in addition to all my usual nutes, wouldn't that be too much? It looks like I'd be slamming the hell out of the plants with Phosphorous. I want to give them what they need to be their best, but I don't want to over-nute and get lockout and all those problems.

What's the REAL difference between Beastie Bloom and Cha-Ching? Which would you pick if you could only get one?

I'm currently at 34 days in flower for Granddaddy Purple and Bubba OG plants, is it too late to start the extra nutes now and see any significant change?

It looks like you're using too much stuff as it is and you want to add more?

1tbl/gallon of molasses is more than enough.

Just Big Bloom by itself would work just fine, along with the molasses.

The shops will tell you anything to get you to spend more $$$$$$

DD

Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom are the 3 basic FF nutes for soil grows.

The molasses is supposed to be a micronutrient supplement.

The people telling me the extra things to get are people who make clones and grow on their own, they have nothing to gain by me buying these extra things.

What's the REAL difference between Beastie Bloom and Cha-Ching? Which would you pick if you could only get one?

there is nitrogen and less potassium. cha ching is formulated to increase essential oils and produce heavy resins in fruit, buds and flowers, where beastie bloom is formulated to produce heavy weight fruit and maximize blossom development

so beastie adds weight, cha ching adds resins. hope that helped.

ps.. they work good. if you had to get one i would say beastie bloom, and there is also open sesame, which enhance flower size and multiple bud development, so.. more pistils :goodluck:

Thanks. I was back at the hydro store the other day and I reread the labels and noticed that one was meant for the first 3-4 weeks of flowering, while the other was to be used in the second half of flowering.

I'll get the later half one (I forget exactly which one that is right now), and put it to work on my plants! The next grow will get both.

I picked up the Beastie Bloom yesterday, $30 for a small can. Its directions say that when used with other nutes, I should give 1/4-1/2 teaspoon EVERY watering.

Normally for me, Monday is nute / water day (Grow Big and Big Bloom right now), Wednesday is water / molasses day (2 tablespoons per gallon, blackstrap molasses), and friday/saturday is plain water day.

So now I'll be using Beastie Bloom every time, in addition to the other things.

Each plant gets 1-1/2 to 2 quarts per watering.

I'll look at Open Sesame also, but since it's a 5-45-19, if I used Open Sesame at the same time as Beastie Bloom 0-50-30, wouldn't I be WAY over-nuting with the Phosphorous?

I'm at day 39 in flower right now with Granddaddy Purple and Bubba Og plants.

This is a soil grow with FFOF dirt.

That would be a boatload of P.

I would do one or the other, but not both. I've cut way back on the P in flowering, to where K is almost 2x the P. But, that is just me, doing organics with myco's and BB, almost a 1.5-1-2 ratio. So far, so good, but it's not writ in stone.

DD

you don't use the open sesame at the same time as the beastie bloom.. the open sesame is the first phase, beastie bloom is second and cha ching is third, and that is on top of your reg nutrients.. and you don't have to do it every time, i would say still do the day with just plain water... but its up to you, and the strain your working with.. so its kinda an experiment

too much stuff IMO.....are the plants deficient in anyway? if not why mess with it. if they are deficient then go back to the basics...

Back
Top Bottom