5x10-Stealthy-computer controlled grow room

Thanks JG, The room is working great. Every time I go in, I feel like I'm working in the ISS (space station).

Let me first say, I love the GT system. It is just too cool. I would not trade it for anything.

DJ delivered a little late, due to parts. I was extra sensitive because of the amount of $ involved. But in the end, he delivered as promised.

I had a hell of a time getting it running properly. Some of the setup issues was my own fault. The other part was that DJ had just released a new version of both the HW and SW. At first he was not too responsive with support (Email Only). He would send canned basic instructions like, follow this thread on the forum, maybe you have a bad wire, try a basic setup. Response was slow to my feedback on the results of my test. One email a day. I took two days off from work so that I could work out the problems, thinking we could banter back and forth, yeah right! After spending a week with no success, I had requested to send it all back to have him figure it out. At that point, he became more responsive and started work with me more attentively. I had to run a lot of test to nail down where the problem was and ultimately figured-out a work around. Once we had nailed it down, DJ went right to work coding a new build of the software to resolve the issue I was having. He spent the night working on it and had it for me in the weee early morning. It took almost two weeks to get it running.

As a business man and practices, he could use improvement. Something as simple as a phone number would have made me feel a little more comfortable about spending all that $. Keep in mind he is a one man show, so I am sure he is quite busy.
As far as an engineer, DJ is a genius. This is where he shines. Once the system was running, It was clear that I made the right choice. It was worth all the hassle in the end. I suspect that anyone who purchases the system after me shouldn't experience the issue I was having.
Although expensive, this system can easily automate your entire grow room regardless of the size. It can control everything, temp, RH, Co2, ventilation, lights, hydro, fertz, flood control, smoke detect, email and text alerts and if you can think it up, DJ will custom build it for you.

To sum it up, I think once DJ realized that I was truly having an issue and that I had ruled out all the basic troubleshooting procedures and replaced all my cables, he took me more seriously and worked to make it right. I wouldn't start a grow until you have it running and dialed in. It stalled my production schedule but I'm glad I waited. I don't think you will regret purchasing GT. The growth potential is unlimited. It does everything as advertised.
P.S. NO VISTA support. Personally, I wouldn't trust my crop running on Vista to begin with.

Hope this helps,

Palpater

Thank you so much for this report. I am very interested in automated systems. My grandfather was an early innovator, and one of the first to start hooking up instruments to serial ports of apple computers to measure anything and everything :) I would LOVE to have a setup like yours. Awesome job. Very impressive!

You are very correct in not wanting vista to run it. I would personally use windows 2k or xp pro on a dedicated machine. Even an old machine will work good for this setup if it will run xp.

Let's see some green! The space station needs some house plants.

Hey Palpater, when will you be starting this grow? Im very interested, looks great, good job!

Well, I'm already in my first week of flower. I've been reluctant to post. ***** has been helping here and there through PM. He's been encouraging me to post my grow and share with you all. I keep going back and forth about it. It might take me a little bit to feel comfortable, but I will try.

Veg from bag seed went well. 18 plants started and all of them did real great. They seem to be mostly of Indica strain, thank god.

I transplanted to 3 gal containers about three weeks ago and moved them under the 600W HPS. As soon as I activated my flower light, my control system failed. I had to send it all back for repair and I have been getting by with conventional timers until my system is returned. Temps have been running on the low side 59F-67F. Remember, basement grow, springtime in New England.

I have identified 10 females, I still have about 5 left to show sex.
I guess I did well with the ratio. I believe my control system had some influence on the sex because it was able to maintain a perfect a environment until it crashed. The cooler temps and the transplant have slowed things down a bit.

I put my two best looking females back in the veg area for cloning. I bought a 25 site misting clone machine. I have yet to read up on how to use it.

I have purchased a couple IP cameras and have been working on a time lapse of my grow. 2137 pics have been taken so far, one shot every 10 minutes. Maybe Boss can chime in and tell me how to post an AVI without posting to Youtube.

Here is a pic about a week after transplanting. They look much healthier now.

S7001370.jpg

Funny, my cat had entered the room when I was working in there. I didn't know and had locked him in. He destroyed the panda plastic around the vent trying to get out. I found him about 5 hours later. He won't go anywhere near the room now.

Unless you can convert the .avi into .swf (Flash) it can't be uploaded here. Either that or an anaimated .Gif, but that you get large I think.

Personally, I think Cannabis loves temps in the high to mid 60's at night. I reccomend some N to the light green plants, and it looks like there could be some under watering, I am not sure, but they look like they are in the first stage of dehydration. I love this setup, hope the controller comes back working right!

It is great to see the space station full of plants even if you have to fly the ship yourself. Do you recall what the smoke was like that you got the beans? They are really some beautiful ladies.

It is great to see the space station full of plants even if you have to fly the ship yourself. Do you recall what the smoke was like that you got the beans? They are really some beautiful ladies.

Thanks for all the kind words, I have to give credit to this site for all the info that helped me build the Space Station ;).

The seed came from a batch of good smoke. It was fluffy, smelled good and with few seeds. It took about 5 bags to get enough seed to start my grow. The high was on the lively side, nothing amazing, just good.

I usually only have access to compressed bud. I HATE COMPRESSED BUD. But at $50 a bag, I have to live with it. The real good stuff around here (Rare) runs around $80-$100 a quarter. I refuse to pay that much. I'll quit first.

Once I get a better grip on what I am doing, I will invest in some quality seed.

I also want to make some changes to the room. The panda plastic is going to be short lived. I wish I had taken the extra step to rock the inside space. The Panda zip-up wall between Veg and flower is a big pain in the ass.

Question:

Racefan and Moose are pro clone from flower. I like the idea of one large space running 12/12, no mothers in Veg. Is this truly my best option for growing in the space I have? If I could eliminate the wall between Veg and Flower the space would feel much larger and it would be easier to work in. I could also blend the HPS and the T5's for a broader spectrum. Additionally, it would be easier to control environmentals in one space. Is there really any need for Veg at all?

I think it would only effect the quantity of harvest per plant, but you would have more frequent harvest. I think you will find that it is more of a personal preference. My next indoor grow is going to be twelve/twelve. I have been growing only lowryder strains, but I'm bored and need to try something new.

I guess I'm a little confused. I understand I can grow 12/12 from seed. Do I still need a veg period if I am cloning flowering cuttings? If I clone in a small box under 20/4 and they start to show roots, do I need to veg after I drop them in soil? Since I have the room, is it better for me to give them a veg period, will they get big enough going right into flower? Or is this flowering clone process better for someone who is tight on space? I have enough room for about 6, 5 foot bushy plants? Which would give me more yield over time, flowering only or retaining a veg period?

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer.

^ its a good question. Putting clones in 12/12 would draw energy away from rooting/leaf production as it attempted to flower. I imagine cloning in a veg cycle would produce stronger healthier plants that would yield more. It's probably feasible both ways.

Back
Top Bottom