5x5 grow tent - 1200 watts to much

99corrupt

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to both this forum as well as growing. I've done a bit outdoor growing as well as indoor. Both soil and Hydro. Now I want to have another go:) I currently own the following:

1 140 x 140 x 200 black box tent
1 sonlight ballast 600 hps
1 yaroots tank ( thinking of doing 8 plant of 11L pots, in each of the buckets )
500ccm carbon filter.

My questions is, would it be too much to add another sonlight ballast 600hps?

The grow tent will then have 180000 lumen, thats 90000 per square meter. I-ve read somewhere that is good to have somewhere in-between 65000 - 107000 lumen per square meter!?

Please advise.

Many tnx in advance.

TS

Hi. Tnx for the prompt reply. What would you recommend for bringing down the heat. I have one small fan and one quite large.

TS

Your grow tent is over 130 cubic feet in volume, you have to consider the loss of CFM due to your carbon filter, and your trying to extract the heat from 1200 watts of HPS, so I would use both fans for cooling/extraction. I would use the largest CFM rated fan to cool your lamps down using air cooled reflectors and run outside air through both lamps and straight out the tent. The smaller CFM rated fan would be a good ventilation fan attached to the carbon filter to extract air from above using passive intakes below to keep air moving through your plants.

Back
Top Bottom