600 or dual 400's (800)?

Arising Green

Nug of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
Hi,
I currently have a 600 watt system for flowering and want to add one
more light. (at least 600 watts, but less than a 1000 watter)

I was just about ready to order another digi 600 watt system when I seen
these 800 watt ballasts that use two 400 watter's in one reflector.

The 800 uses (1) 400watt HPS and (1) 400watt MH. I would run hortilux
bulbs. So it's more intense than a 600, but less than a 1000. Sounds perfect to me?

I haven't seen anyone use these dual light ballasts so any advice is helpful!
Would you go with the 600 or dual 400's?

Thanks in advance!

Well I know 600 watts are more efficient than 400 (lumen per watt). I think its like 90000 lumens for a 600 and 50000 lumens for a 400 so you would be getting around 100,000 lumens with one 800 or 90,000 lumens with one 600 so I would go with the 600.

Thanks stewbacca6,
I think I'm going to go with another digi 600 and try the Hortilux bulb.
The 800 watter, like you said, doesn't give off that many more lumens and
the cost is quite higher than a 600.
Can you give me a link to this dual bulb set up please? I'd like to check it out for personal reasons.

Racefan - Here's the link for 800 watt dual light ballast.
I'd be curious as to what you think of the 800 vs the digital 600? The 800 carries a 5-year
warranty; the Galaxy 600 digi I'm looking at has a 3 year warranty. Hmm...guess I"m still undecided. lol

StonerGrower - It seems the 800 would be sweet; pumping out more full spectrum lighting thanks to the side-by-side
MH and HPS. Just don't know how much difference it would make vs. the 600 digi. And I've only
had digital ballasts' in the past and this 800 watter is not digital. But the digital vs non-digital
ballasts debate just keeps going and going..lol. So far, I've been happy with my 600 digi.

It makes sense. Though a plant uses more of a red/orange spectrum during flowering. Im sure the added blue/green spectrum will make a difference to some point. Ide stick with the 600. If you want a mixed spectrum then just add a MH. No sense in getting a product that costs more when the two seperate are cheaper. Doesnt need to be much, lets say 250watt. Thats 250watts MH and 600watts HPS....Sounds like a good spectrum to me.

oh,anyway,i don't suggest you to use two 400 watt bulbs together,because if you're going tohave two 400 watt bulbs in the same reflector you would have more lumes and more penetration,but you will light always the same space,i suggest you just a 600W system.

It makes sense. Though a plant uses more of a red/orange spectrum during flowering. Im sure the added blue/green spectrum will make a difference to some point. Ide stick with the 600. If you want a mixed spectrum then just add a MH. No sense in getting a product that costs more when the two seperate are cheaper. Doesnt need to be much, lets say 250watt. Thats 250watts MH and 600watts HPS....Sounds like a good spectrum to me.

I agree 100%. Thanks for helping me think that out.
Well, another 600 watt it is, then!

oh,anyway,i don't suggest you to use two 400 watt bulbs together,because if you're going tohave two 400 watt bulbs in the same reflector you would have more lumes and more penetration,but you will light always the same space,i suggest you just a 600W system.

Yea man, definitely going to go with another 600 watter, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom