70 year old builds grow room

I'm guessing a dehumidifier will handle it? I just opted to use the heater on the mini-split since it had that capability. I'm guessing you will need AC. My AC runs constantly in the summer. I would be in big trouble if it stopped working.

You'll be able to vent out some of the hot air ( mount exhaust vent on the ceiling obviously ), but not all of it. And the air you will be drawing in will vary in temperature. In the summer time you'll be sucking in 80-90 degree air which isn't ideal in an already hot grow room. But I'd guess that 6 months out of the year you could get away with just using an exhaust fan - depending on the temperature. That being said, my AC still runs in the winter; just not as much.

Btw, I use a passive intake for my exhaust fan. Which basically means that I have a 16x20ish hole cut out that allows air to be drawn in when the exhaust fan runs. Other than that the room is sealed. I also use a furnace filter to filter out all incoming air ( Merv 13 ).

Thanks for allowing me to pick your brain , most everything that I am learning I am getting from YouTube.
For over 2 years I have been growing in a 10x12 bedroom with 1800 watts of light and controlled heat with a window fan and open door , just drawing air through the house and out the window.
Are you using all of your room as grow space?

Hello everyone , I am a 70 year old from mid Michigan smoked the first time in 1967 , and have been growing for 2 years since getting my medical card.
I started in a 4x4 tent with a blurple light. I found that I love growing this plant , and after 2 years I have out grown the spare bedroom.
I have a 24x32 ft. pole barn that was just full of 16 years of junk.
My wonderful wife said I could do what ever I wanted as long as I saved room for the yard tools. With the help of YouTube I am going to build a 16x24 ft grow room.
I am not sure if this qualifies as a grow journal although I do have three tents of auto flowers in there that I am trying to work around. So if there is an interest I will add more info or the ramblings of an old man.
Thanks
Hey dude, I'm Gollo, age 69. And yes I probably started around the same time you started. I was a soph/junior in HS. I went to my first concert @ a theater in the round. I was wearing a jacket and tie, females wore dresses, we watched The Doors.
I sorry for ramblin'. This will be my first grow since I was a teen and as you know, tech has changed everything.
I will be receiving my new grow cabinet soon. I'm gonna grow hydroponically. It seems easy enough. How was your experience growing indoors? Did you go the soil route or hydro? I live in Vegas so my grow experience will be slightly different than yours in that I have to control the heat generated in the room by the sun, which can go up in that room by as much as 10 degrees or to 85+ in the summer.
Please, if I write something that leaves you with the impression that I lack knowledge (see dictionary under ignorant, uneducated, or just plain stupid), just send up a flare, I won't be insulted or put off.
Thanks

Heat is going to be an issue for sure. I had a 10x12 bedroom with 3 HLG 550r's in it with fans and all about 1800w , I controlled the heat by have the window open in the middle of winter Michigan
I grow in soil and prefer auto flowers mainly because of being able to grow perpetually.
Only growing 2 years I kind of new at it myself , but always willing to tell little things I learned along the way.

Back
Top Bottom