8 weeks from light switch?

laroobien

Is it from the light switch 12/12 or second week in and from there on out 8 weeks. Hope you all understand this. Guess it might be strain specific. What makes a strain go longer than advertised?

Is it from the light switch 12/12 or second week in and from there on out 8 weeks. Hope you all understand this. Guess it might be strain specific. What makes a strain go longer than advertised?
When I switch to 12/12, the next day is day one. The strain I work with is a 45-50 day finish so I count 56 days from day one and that's when I harvest. That little cushion of extra days is to insure that they are done indeed and they always are. I also check the Trichomes with a microscope to see how they look and because it's really cool! After a couple of crops you will be able to tell by sight pretty much but never guess, always keep track of the days going by to be accurate. I just did a crop and expect another one in 18 days. I like to keep them coming every month. Your strain may have a higher percentage of Sativa genetics than was advertised. Sativa strains which are mainly Equatorial, take much longer than Indica's to flower and harvest. There is a website called the "Marijuana Strain Library" which has info on just about any strain you can imagine and very indept info at that I might add. It's one site every grower should have in their own library so to speak...:smokin:

Thanks you guys and Malcom you are right on. It is a sativa dominent but why advertise 8 weeks than? It looks like it might be a 10 weeker. I do have a 30 to 100times microscope and know what to look for but just was wondering about that switch ? since there is no way this strain will be done in 8 weeks. Well thanks all and looks like I will just have to wait a bit longer.

2nd week in and from there on out 8 weeks is more realistic.

Seed company's are there to sell seeds not realistic time frames and if they can shave 2 weeks off a harvest that makes it more appealing.

Trichs of course are the final say so, but in general, it seems that the trichs are right about 2 weeks later than what the seed co's say.

It's all marketing, not reality.

DD

Back
Top Bottom