9 Hour Light Outage Veg & Flower

Ander217

First and foremost, I am neither a first time grower nor an experienced one. I have grown several times throughout my life, but its been years. I have done my research and attempted to refresh my knowledge regarding the subject in great detail.

I experienced a lighting outage, at least 9 hours, in both my VEG and FLOWER rooms. My VEG currently consists of 12 rooted clones (6 Guptilla & 6 Clementine Kush BX #1) in a 4' by 4' Ebb and Flow System under a 600W MH Conversion Bulb. My FLOWER room, on the other hand, consists of 2 plants (Both Guptilla) in DWC Buckets under a 150W HPS Bulb with 2' 4-Bulb Pioneer Jr (T5s) on each side. General Hydroponics FloraSeries Performance Pack is used in both rooms. Both rooms were ONLY 3 days into there respective phase.

After restoring power they appear to be doing fine, however, its only been a few hours. I'll keep a watchful eye for hermaphrodites, which can be known to occur as a result. I guess time will truly tell... I've returned to my original lighting schemes (FLOWER = 12/12, VEG = 18/6).

Nonetheless, I was curious about the opinion of others regarding the matter. Any and all responses welcome!

From One Grower to Another,
Ander217

re: 9 Hour Light Outage Veg & Flower

Go purchase a UPS box 800w or more make sure to have enough to sustain power for at least 24hr.

They can be cheap or exspensive to buy but to keep your grow going its worth it in the end.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

re: 9 Hour Light Outage Veg & Flower

Go purchase a UPS box 800w or more make sure to have enough to sustain power for at least 24hr.

They can be cheap or exspensive to buy but to keep your grow going its worth it in the end.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

What a wonderful idea! I actually work in the IT Industry and it hadn't crossed my mind. Going to start shopping immediately. Thanks XobeMan

An 800VA UPS won't cut it. I spent over $1500 on an APC 4000VA UPS hoping it would power my 2 x 600W MH/HPS for only a few minutes until the generator kicked in (I wanted to avoid 10-15 minute re-strike time).

It wouldn't even run a single 600W due to the current they pull.

In the end I bought a cheap 20W LED floodlight and connected it to the UPS. It provides enough light to keep the plants in flower/veg and will run for about 30 hours on the 4000VA UPS.

Back
Top Bottom