Veg Lights?

StoneyCt2010

I have always used cfl lights, 6 -150 watt lights, for my Veg... My question is would keeping an automatic stain in my veg cabinet grow better under the 18 hours of the 6 150 watt, curly mercury bulbs or put them under 12 hours of 1000 watt HPS????

I think i might of answered my own question by just reading this, but i would like to hear what ev1 thnks anyway....

ThanX Ev1 :cool:

I have always used cfl lights, 6 -150 watt lights, for my Veg... My question is would keeping an automatic stain in my veg cabinet grow better under the 18 hours of the 6 150 watt, curly mercury bulbs or put them under 12 hours of 1000 watt HPS????

I think i might of answered my own question by just reading this, but i would like to hear what ev1 thnks anyway....

ThanX Ev1 :cool:

In veg your photoperiod should be 18/6, 20/4 or 24/0 depending on your preference. (light/darkness) I run 18/6 in veg as the dark time is good for root development. There are many schools of thought on this.

As far as the light goes, you'll do better with the HID light than with CFL's. If you have a small space, CFL's are great.

What do you mean by "automatic stain"?

My .02..

:Namaste:

In veg your photoperiod should be 18/6, 20/4 or 24/0 depending on your preference. (light/darkness) I run 18/6 in veg as the dark time is good for root development. There are many schools of thought on this.

As far as the light goes, you'll do better with the HID light than with CFL's. If you have a small space, CFL's are great.

What do you mean by "automatic stain"?

My .02..

:Namaste:

I agree that you should veg under one of the light schedules that was mentioned.

I do think though, that there is no significant difference in Veg between CFL's and HID lights (although it's easier to stress your fragile seedlings with a HID light). For flowering however, a HID light is much, much better than CFL's.

This is strictly my opinion and shouldn't be considered a FACT.

You really have a short veg time with auto's, I would say stick with the cfl's. Then when they get into flowering use the 1K or put them outside.

Back
Top Bottom