905 Sean's First Journal - Recirculating Hydro VS Soil - 4 X 1000 Watt HPS

905 sean

holding_root1.jpg

ezcloner1.jpg

a_few_plants.jpg

full_table_gd.jpg

Welcome to my first grow journal!! In this journal we are going to follow multiple strains from start to finish. I am going to compare soil and hydroponic. All plants will be given the same nutrients and the same lighting and same environment. I will have lots of pictures throughout this grow. I am starting this journal to get advice and comments on my system and method of growing.

Veg room size: 8X12
Veg room lights: 1X400 watt HPS 1X24" cfl tube light 1X48" cfl tube light
Medium: Soil containing sphagnum and peat moss
Medium: Rockwell cubes 4X4" and grow stone
Strains: Jack,Moby Dick,Train Wreck,8 Ball Kush and Black Domina
Flower room size: 12X18
Flower room lights: 4X1000 watt HPS
Plants in veg started September 1st
Veg nutrients: Aqua Vega 2 part A)5-0-3 B)0-3-4
Flower nutrients: Sensi Bloom 2 part A)3-0-0 B)2-4-8
Nutrient boosts: Bud Candy, Bud Ignitor 0-1-2, Kushie Kush 1-3-8
Veg room temp/humidity%: 24.9 C 50% Humidity
Flower room temp/humidity: 28.5 C 50% Humidity
Flower room ventilation: 2X 4" Vortex fans with charcoal filters vented outside
Flower room fan: 3 speed 12" ocolating fan and 3 speed 24" square box fan
Temp out side room: 68 degrees
Flowering soil plants will be planted in reusable cloth grocery bags
Flowering hydroponic plants will be in rockwell cubes which will be in grow stone nets in 5 gallon buckets. The buckets are conected by a 1 inch high pressure rubber hose ( even though there is no pressure) this is a quality hose and is what my local hydro shop had avaliable. The hose is connected to 1 inch through haul grommets. the buckets sit on stools to allows more water in my res. My res is a plastic 45 gallon barrel with the top 1/3 cut off. My res will hold 70 liters that allows me to have a few inches of water in my buckets should the power go out the plants can still have some water. its not enough water to cause root rot. Or flooding the roots with to much water. Since the plants I will be following in this journal are in veg, I will not have a lot of pictures of my flower room until they are ready to flower. Unless I am requested to take some pictures of flower room.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

Nice inside and out. Please keep this updated.

Thank you

Thanks Wacky Kush I plan on updating often I'm very new to 420 and I like this whole concept

Welcome to the site, I'm fairly new here also. Great site , I've learned a great deal in a short time.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom