A bunch of cloning questions

DaHui

It has recently come to my attention that cloning is a wonderful idea and I must now master the art, I was just wondering if any grow guru could help me out with this question I have... When is the best time to get clones off your mother plant? I mean, you want that plant to stay in vedging permantly, right, so the plant doesn't show the sex yet :hmmmm: I'm sure you get clones off a plant that is flowering, is it better or worse to do so? If you're getting clones from a flowering plant (female) are your clones automaticaly females too?

Re: A bunch of cloning questions..

2 weeks before harvest dahui, doing so will guarantee that all the clones will be female if you take clones from a female plant

I used Wes's method, except I cloned all 10 plants of mine not knowing their sex yet. When I flowered the seedlings normally (it only took 3 weeks of veg in my aero chamber before I had to start flowring or I'd be overgrown) I noted which were male and female and eliminated the male clones. Now, I have about 6 clones from 3 different types of females. They are all getting my "Mother bonsai" treatment and they will be the source of my clones for flowering.

I'm doing this all in a 3' by 4' by 8' office cab with top 1.5ft clone/mother chamber (LOL thus the bonsai techniques), and the bottom is the flowring chamber. So I have to think small and flower at 5" or I end up having to LST the wierdest looking plants heh. I'm also trying to start a system of having a constant clone supply to flower so I can harvest every 8-10 weeks if all goes well. I hope to harvest 3x a year and have enough to not worry about running the machine for 3 mos each year so I can actually travel and not worry :) heh.

Should i use organic pots for my clones when i repot them????
Do clones flower faster than seeds and if so how long does it take?
What is the best soil to use when i repot my clones???

Sorry im really new to this...

My lady is a clone master. This process is a lot easier than some people make it out to be. Okay, first you do need a mother. The title of mother would suggest that its a female and this is something you would already want established. You can clone from a clone to make a mother rather than from seed and have to sex it to find out if it is in fact a she.
As soon as you have made your cuts you can put them straight into soil but my lady has better with root riot plugs. Rapid routers are another that are good.

2 weeks before harvest dahui, doing so will guarantee that all the clones will be female if you take clones from a female plant
If you take clone that late in their cycle it is very likely that they'll just die. They're at the end of their life cycle at that point and its highly unlikely that they'll recover from the lose of roots to feed them in that late stage. I've never heard of it being attempted let along being successful.

Back
Top Bottom