A few leaf issues; any experienced pros? (pics)

Mystic

This strain is Kushage. It started to show up after three weeks in flower cycle. Fortunately, the all over plant looks beautiful it is only one or two leaves that look icky. I treated it as if it was over fert. and flushed them for a couple of days and gave it a week off of intense fertilizing. I now think it might be a sulfur deficiency, due to too-high pH (6.4-6.5). But I'm still new to this, so please experienced grower give me your opinion....

leaf12.jpg

leaf21.jpg

leaf31.jpg

leaf3close.jpg

red_veins.jpg

Per the posted request for more information when asking for advice, here is some more info on the plants that have been having problems in their leaves:

* What strain is it? Kushage in the pic; also Burmese Kush and Master Kush have been having problems, and Pineapple Punch is starting to show signs, too.
* It it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? These are 60/40 Sativa hybrids.
* Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower stage, for about 5 weeks.
* Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
* Soil or Hydro? Soil - Fox Farm Ocean Forest, in 3 gal pots
* Size of light? 1000 watt, 'vertizontal' lights
* Is it aircooled? Yes, we have intake and outtake fans, 3 standing fans, no air conditioning.
* Temp of Room/cab? It's been roughly between 68 and 80 degrees; on a couple of days it went up to 85 degrees.
* RH of Room/cab? Mostly between 30% and 60%, though it does go down to 10% more than I'd like.
* PH of media or res? Watering and fert always between 6.4 and 6.5. Since these pics were taken, we've gone down to 5.7-5.8pH
* Any Pests? Some white flies, and a small, black fly that we haven't identified yet.
* How often are you watering? About once per day. If we skip a day of watering, they visibly wilt.
* Type and strength of ferts used? We use a mixture of BioBizz (Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom, Top Max, and Alga-Mic), Sugar Daddy, and Flora Nova Bloom. We did over-fert in the second week of the flower cycle with the Flora Nova Bloom (4 mL/L three times that week), so we flushed them out and scaled back our fert regimen. We use 5 mL/L of Sugar Daddy with every watering, the BioBizz stuff (especially Alga-Mic and Top Max) somewhat sparingly, and 2 mL/L of Flora Nova Bloom about once per week.

I hope this helps your diagnosis. I apologize for not giving more detailed information in the top post. I look forward to your insight!

How tall are your plants? I noticed you were using 3 gallon buckets. I know if I were to veg to 12-13 inches, my lst'd plants would start showing signs of getting root boot at around that point in flowing (5-6 weeks). I'm seeing a 5 gallon buck as a minimum for the strain I'm currently growing.

I've read that when using soil, you a want slightly acidic growing medium, somewhere around 6.3-6.5 PH seems to be the consensus when using soil. I'm not that experienced but I hope that helps!!

:peace: +Luck!!

Harry

Back
Top Bottom