A few questions about my next grow.

erockhardass

Hey everyone,

Alot of you have posted to my questions in the past and turned out with a good crop.

I am starting a new grow in a new growspace and I have a few questions.

First, I have a Sunleaves Pioneer VI Flourescent T5 Light, and a Lumatek 400 watt HPS with electronic ballast. Which should I use if using an enclosed space, say 6 ft high, 5 ft wide, 3 ft deep? I am concerned the heat from the HPS would be too much.

Also, I used to use Happy Frog soil with perlite for a medium, but have noticed that it is very dense and does not allow for alot of air to the roots. I am looking for a specific grow medium to use, with specific measurements. I am looking to use 8 " pots for the entire grow, keeping them small short and dense.

I would also like any opinons on some nuitrients. I have used Flora Nova Bloom before but it caused my PH to drop very low. What nuitrients should I use for this grow?

I am looking for the highest possible yield from the crops in this grow space. I know it is not alot of space, but I am looking to use every inch of it that I can.

Hi,
T5 for veg works very well.
And your HPS for flower will work well also.
You will need a fan or fans blowing to ventilate and rid your room of heat.
Happy Frog is good. You probably need more perlite. I would use ay least 25%.
I like to grow in coco. I used 50% perlite when I first started with coco.
I like 25 to 30% now, and use Fox Farm nutes. I mix my nutes in tap water that has sat 24 hours. I then ph the nutes and feed. With coco I like 20 to 25% runoff. I collect it and check PPM and PH. This allows me to alter ferts as needed. I also flush when needed, during veg and bloom, plus a full week at the end of flower. Much Luck

Back
Top Bottom