A few questions regarding seedlings PIX

Zinkopig

I just had some simple questions regarding my seedlings.
First can anyone help me with these spots?
Take into account that
A) I started in MG Cactus soil with 5 year old plugs
B) The ph in the plug and mg was about 7.2 so i added lime juice to the soil, and it worked to bring it down a little bit.
C) Yesterday i transplanted out of MG and into FFOF (FFoF reads 6.7 ph i add 6.5ish water to it.)
D) I haven't given them any nutes
E) They seem a little stunted by the transplant but not much
F) 1 plant has them on a new set of leaves the rest are on the first set(not the little round ones)
IMG_09155.JPG

IMG_09138.JPG

IMG_09127.JPG

IMG_09095.JPG

My second question is more simple and less dire, When does a seedling become a plant?? Oh and also, does growth slow down or speed up around week 1-2.

Im 10 days from seed (planted on 7th or 8th dont remember)

Thanks to anyone that has some input, i am considering restarting new seeds but my girlfriend strongly objects. Settle our little hearts please, these are our new pride and joy :)

-Zinko

the ladies look lovely.
i also saw you use lime juice.
you might as well invest in a p.h. up and down by general hydroponics.
Week 1-2 are mainly root development so soon you will start to see rapid growth as it becomes a plant if you havent already..
the spots could be from water droplets on the leaves while the lights on..
are you spraying the plants at all??

I was spraying the leaves for a while, when the first spots started to show i stopped and made sure if any extra water was on leaved i soak up with a q-tip :) All of these spots except for the first ones came days after i stopped spraying...
Thanks for the advice, that's not the first time i have been advised to get ph up and down, i will for sure, last time i checked around every store around me only had ph up and that was weird so i just opted for lime juice :)

:peacetwo:

right on dude..
just spray when your light cycles going to be off for a more than two hours just to be safe..
:roorrip:
cant wait to see your ladies mature.
so put us on a good show.
:popcorn:

I just had some simple questions regarding my seedlings.
First can anyone help me with these spots?
Take into account that
A) I started in MG Cactus soil with 5 year old plugs
B) The ph in the plug and mg was about 7.2 so i added lime juice to the soil, and it worked to bring it down a little bit.
C) Yesterday i transplanted out of MG and into FFOF (FFoF reads 6.7 ph i add 6.5ish water to it.)
D) I haven't given them any nutes
E) They seem a little stunted by the transplant but not much
F) 1 plant has them on a new set of leaves the rest are on the first set(not the little round ones)
IMG_09155.JPG

IMG_09138.JPG

IMG_09127.JPG

IMG_09095.JPG

My second question is more simple and less dire, When does a seedling become a plant?? Oh and also, does growth slow down or speed up around week 1-2.

Im 10 days from seed (planted on 7th or 8th dont remember)

Thanks to anyone that has some input, i am considering restarting new seeds but my girlfriend strongly objects. Settle our little hearts please, these are our new pride and joy :)

-Zinko

Sorry bro just caught the babies a little late tonight. Hopefully someone will help you out soon if not....later....for staters your going to have to put them in more airated soil with more perlite or vermiculte ,,,that soil is to compact but wait until they get more roots down first...no nutes staright water for another week.....later Z

Sorry bro just caught the babies a little late tonight. Hopefully someone will help you out soon if not....later....for staters your going to have to put them in more airated soil with more perlite or vermiculte ,,,that soil is to compact but wait until they get more roots down first...no nutes staright water for another week.....later Z

Yeah i was thinking that too with the perlite, i have a bag of it i was just stoned and forgot to mix it in :cool:
Would it be worth it to pull these guys out of their soil AGAIN just to add perlite? Thanks led

Still not resolved but i am applying everything ive learned so im letting the soil dry out almost completely and then flushing.
Does anyone think the the 5 yr old plugs could be a deal breaker?
And im still interested what people think of transplanting these seedlings for the second time into a more perlite mix?? Help is so appreciated if i could i would smoke a bowl with everyone nice enough to help this noob!:peacetwo:

perlite isnt going to make or break your grow.
so i wouldnt sweat it.
but the final decision is up to you.
if the transplant doesnt go smoothly you could be stuck starting from scratch
not really worth it, but then again.
thats me.

Back
Top Bottom