About inline fans

StrongZZZ

420 Member
I have a hurricane inline fan 435CFM that is acting like the motor is going out. It runs almost the same speed on high then it does on low. There is a difference, but not much, and alot quieter. Does hurricane fans eventually go out over time? What's the life expectancy of a basic inline fan? My filter is a Phresh 450CFM. another question, does the fan have to have a higher CFM rating then the filter or does the filter have to have a higher rating? The bend in my ducting isn't bad at all‍♂️ Sorry guys, just random questions.

20211114_152146.jpg

Someone correct me if I’m wrong…it’s been a long long weekend….but I believe you want your fan CFM to be slightly lower then your filter so your not overpowering your filter. Also check the filter over time and high humidity can clog them causing the fan to be slowed down under high speed or too if the pre filter sock on the outside is full of dust or debris

Someone correct me if I’m wrong…it’s been a long long weekend….but I believe you want your fan CFM to be slightly lower then your filter so your not overpowering your filter. Also check the filter over time and high humidity can clog them causing the fan to be slowed down under high speed or too if the pre filter sock on the outside is full of dust or debris
I agree, but I just bought a 390CFM fan and put my 440CFM filter with it and it took all power away from fan with no suction. If I would have left it plugged up for 30mins the motor would have blew..So if thats the case wouldn't it be the other way around and the fan have more cfm than the filter? I dunnoHelp please..Makes more since with the filter being bigger but why did that happen to me with a brand new fan and filter?

Is it possible the filter is defective? I know it may seem obvious and I know cause I have had it happen the filter isn’t sealed in plastic under the filter sock on the outside. I had a g hydro filter had the outside shrink wrapped under the pre filter. Or if it was exposed to high humidity before you received it the active material in the filter will use it’s self up and can cake up in the filter blocking it. Remove the ducting from the filter and see how well it draws through the ducting then place back on the filter

Fans go south, filters get clogged and why I duct to my fans and filters outside the grow space instead of overhead inside the grow space.

Very easy to set up filter on the floor with the fan attached to the inlet standing on the floor outside the room. I dont take up real estate inside the grow space, I wont hit my head and I wont drop something on any of my girls. Cause murphy's law says as soon as my room is full to the roof I'd need to get in there and fix something.

Cause murphy's law says as soon as my room is full to the roof I'd need to get in there and fix something.
Isn’t that the honest truth every time lol For me I was 7 weeks into flower and half of a led panel burned out and it was the light in the back corner of my 4x4 full trellis netted lol

Back
Top Bottom