Adderall and Cannabis

Concept

I am currently medicating with cannabis for my adhd and depression. My psychiatrist has identified that it is indeed adhd causing the majority of my problems. She has prescribed me Adderall. My concern is in the combination between Cannabis and Adderall. I am having a hard time finding first hand accounts from people who aren't pill-head morons. People actually taking over 80mg and smoking a joint in the hopes of and x like trip. Peoples recklessness is ridiculous. Anyways, I was wondering on the safety and effects of taking a normal dosage of Adderall as prescribed and then smoking cannabis. I've read some places that it helps them get to sleep, remember to eat, those kind of things. However again from unreliable sources. I've also read it increases your risk of heart attack, that it can cause panic attacks, and extreme paranoia. I'd rather loose some weight and not sleep than end up hiding under my bed from the monkey SWAT team on my roof.

Thank you in advance for your reply and not sure if this is in the right part of the forum.

I totally agree the combination is definitely crazy but I've done both for awhile and don't have any problems. Take your meds wait a half-hour and smoke one and see how you feel. You feel pretty good about now. Till next time

Just wanted to post my experience with the combination. Please note all drugs effect people differently, this is my account, you should always use caution mixing any type of drugs.

Treating: ADD, Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)

40mg Prozac
40mg Adderall
5mg Abilify
~1g-2g Cannabis

In my experience the combination of the above drugs seems to be completely safe with very little side effects. I have found that although Adderall can help with concentration, it made my mind race. I could concentrate on a task but my thoughts seemed to still move too quickly to fully grasp them. When adding Cannabis to the mixture it seems to allow you to slow your thoughts and think more efficiently. Cannabis also decreased the "speed" feeling, I didn't feel as hectic after smoking, thus allowing for even better concentration. I might also mention that the "high" from the Cannabis is altered, and duration as well as potency seems to be increased.

I've also never experienced any panic attacks or hallucinations. Although I have seen a small number of accounts when abusing the two drugs.

Hope this helps someone else

What strains are you guys actually smoking though.. surely you would want to get off the med's and solely smoke cannabis to really try and treat the symptoms, whether it be lack of focus or too hyper, it doesn't make sense to me that this topic hasn't related specific strains to specific conditions - ADD is very different to ADHD, So wouldn't someone with ADD be better off with a sativa and someone with ADHD an Indica?

And im quite sure throwing amphetamine pills in with cannabis treatment would have a negative impact and potentially worsen symptoms? Especially if you are unaware of the cannabis strain?

I be blowing on some kush
Put me straight up in the zone

Not a very scientific approach Android - what kush? 80/20 70/30 100% Landrace? See this is why its dismissed as research - No offence.. when guys like yourself don't actually answer questions with real evidence, you only confirm the non-believers.

Be "blowin and zones" are usually associated with recreational smokers.. sweeping generalisation i know.. but unfortunately when people read what you have written your not doing any favours for anyone trying to find fact.

Did not mean to offend anyone...

what I cited was just a verse from the following Juicy J song (
) which somewhat resembles my relationship with ms Green. Because I grow and smoke Kandy Kush for my anxiety and depression. Which I believe is a cross of Trainwreck and OG Kush that can bear seeds (OG Kush had no seeds, had to be cloned). I am not sure what the ratio is, but it is strong and kind-of in the middle of the spectrum, maybe more stony than stoky, but just a little bit. I like it

I know Kush can be different, but I like all kinds of it. Because of the potency and strong genes, and the taste, the smell - everything ... Kush for life. There's weed and there's kush. This is how we roll in Upper Midwest

P.S. Again, didn't mean to offend anyone, just wanted to give a shout out to Minnesota underground growers and anyone else who's into getting high and bumping Juicy J, Taylor Gang, 2 Chains and shit YEYEY

I really hope this forum isn't totally occupied with farmers from KY (no offence) who listen to country music all day long

What strains are you guys actually smoking though:
for me this varies a lot, however my high generally doesn't vary too much depending on strain. Purely how cannabis effects me when I smoke consistently. I've had a few effect me better or worse but generally when my intake is as high as it is, the effect is pretty similar.

surely you would want to get off the med's and solely smoke cannabis to really try and treat the symptoms:
Sadly cannabis alone can't help all the problems someone can be experiencing from mental problems. The first medication I tried for my issues was cannabis, while it helps a lot, personally I require other chemicals.

wouldn't someone with ADD be better off with a sativa and someone with ADHD an Indica?:
Like I said earlier, my high doesn't vary all too much so I can't personally comment. However from the research I've done, it seems Indica's tend to be favored in treatment of both ADD and ADHD.

And im quite sure throwing amphetamine pills in with cannabis treatment would have a negative impact and potentially worsen symptoms?
Speaking only from my personal experience; however I would disagree with this statement.

When you tried different strains of weed - you have developed paths in the brain, which are somewhat similar, but just a little bit different perception-wise. There is one path for sativa, there is a different path for indica, but once they become 12-lane freeways - it it becomes hard to tell the difference. Because your unique perceptions in the beginning at the end of the cognition conveyor generate a similar (overriden) reality- so it becomes more and more similar overtime. It is like safe mode in Windows which is always the same - no matter what malfunction has triggered its activation. If you tried all of them strains - your brain is already familiar with this perceptional distortion and adjusts accordingly. That's why it is always nice to mix strains or try something you never came across before - that's like a genuinely new experience!
But unfortunately there is no way to experience Ecstasy, mushrooms, weed, or you-name-it for the like the first time, but again... Once there is a pathway that's used again and again - there is no way to reproduce the initial experience. The more we use any pathway, the more dull becomes the feeling and the more we get used to perform different tasks while high like we're sober. Humans possess incredible and very sophisticated adaptive features many animals lack. Take drops of acid everyday and you will learn to function just as good as your next door neighbor while incredibly high\
I personally knew a guy driving semis interstate high on cid. He blew me away
Same thing with meds. I take so many of them but don't feel any effect anymore.
Gotta develop positive habits and attitude from the grounds up by yourself (like always)
My long-term goal is to be meds-free
and use meds only for recreational purpose, when they actually work the right way when used only occasionally

P.S. Reflecting on Concept's sig: I am so glad that my nickname that I had long before Google was established, became a household name now, so I have absolutely no privacy concerns by being Android on different forums
I mean: try googling Android and see if you can come to any conclusions LOL Perfect privacy!

Hello, first time poster here :) Also pretty blazed, sorry for the long post! :grinjoint:

Just wanted to give you my experience.

I have a prescription for Vyvanse, a precursor to adderall. It's not as intense, but the drug metabolizes into essentially the same salt, from my understanding. It's much less intense than adderall, but a 40mg dose would still blow most people out of the water.
In my experience, combining cannabis and vyvanse has had some pretty interesting results. At 20mg, they meld together quite nicely. It's still relatively easy to get some math and physics done while toking. Around 40mg, things start to muddy and the effects of the vyvanse start to intensify the effects of cannabis, including the spacey-ness you get from the danky. It's almost as if the amphetamine starts to intensify the symptoms of ADHD, and you'll find yourself focusing on all the wrong things (that's if you plan on using adderall/vyvanse for its intended purpose)

Of course, I rarely ever smoke and dose at the same time. My typical routine is wake up with tea/coffee, take medication around 1pm w/ meal(At this point I'm in the midst of a caffeine crash), get home around 9/10 from work/class, then smoke. In my experience, mixing vyvanse and cannabis has some pretty bizarre effects my heart. My heart rate increases, more than if i were just taking Vyvanse alone. It gives me intense mental fogginess on the comedown of the stimulant. In addition, at times the cannabis will actually intensify that "cracked out" feeling you might get when taking addy on an empty stomach.

It does make eating on the stimulant much easier, but other than that I really don't see a point in mixing the two. The high is more uncomfortable than fun. Both drugs affect heart rate, so I wouldn't advise taking the two together too often if you happen to like the effects. Health/Saftey first, fun second.

Peace!

Hello, first time poster here :) Also pretty blazed, sorry for the long post! :grinjoint:

In my experience, combining cannabis and vyvanse has had some pretty interesting results. At 20mg, they meld together quite nicely. It's still relatively easy to get some math and physics done while toking. Around 40mg, things start to muddy and the effects of the vyvanse start to intensify the effects of cannabis, including the spacey-ness you get from the danky. It's almost as if the amphetamine starts to intensify the symptoms of ADHD, and you'll find yourself focusing on all the wrong things (that's if you plan on using adderall/vyvanse for its intended purpose)

Hello May,

My experiances are the same as yours. Excatly the same. After a few combinations and testing with my doctor, we have found a winning combination for me.

BTW: Great post and insite.

I switched from adderall to marijuana last year and the change is amazing. No more headaches when I wake up in the morning!

I switched from adderall to marijuana last year and the change is amazing. No more headaches when I wake up in the morning!

I figure no headaches is a plus when attempting to treat ADHD with cannabis, for sure! I feel for a lot of people, especially children Adderall is a bit too much for them.

Asking whether these mix or not isn't what you need to be looking into be use as most of everyone here has already showed medications mix with an individual differently in the first place. Then if you do want to take 1) the individual 2) taking the prescribed medication 3) taking memedicinaor recreational forms of cannabis. First you have the chemistry of that individual, which yes since we r all human we r mostly alike we are still all very different in ways. Then you have to take that and add the individual on the prescribed mess & how that is going to end up being.. Tolerance of these can also be something to keep in mind. But adding medical or recreational marijuana to it not only takes the first 2 situations into account. You'd have to take those situations and also the individuals reaction to the marijuana into an account as a base then the variety through out tolerance.. And also when you have the marijuana mixed with the ADD/ADHD... In the end you could literally have hundreds of wide ranged reactions and results.. Some may say hey no dude you could die, this one time I. Or you may have a guy who say something like hey man I takes 3 times my mess all the time while partyin and im drinking and smoking and idgaf.. It doesn't mess with me.. All of which are based off their reactions and relationship of experience.. If you are going to make sure this is something you want to do and is ok with you. Decide if like the gentlemen above says they wake up have routine and then when they can relax they then enjoy their medical or recreational marijuana. If you can't find a way to or don't want to keep them separate then its best to decide a plan of deciding what's your lvl of tolerance on these or comfortablility. Am I saying slowly take it till one day you are at the point of actually having a heart attack and then decide well that's definitely the limit.. No definitely not.. Take your mess that are required as normal.. With medical marijuana their are tons of ways you can is it. Maybe find a strain where 1 hit is enough and you can function regularly maybe you want to be able to enjoy a bowl/ joint/ blunt.. Whatever that is find another strain to accommodate.. But you know your body and how you feel so once you feel in a way don't push it.. And later on tolerances will change but progress and make strain choices and amount changes with a sense of ease. Idk hopefully this helps..

I am currently medicating with cannabis for my adhd and depression. My psychiatrist has identified that it is indeed adhd causing the majority of my problems. She has prescribed me Adderall. My concern is in the combination between Cannabis and Adderall. I am having a hard time finding first hand accounts from people who aren't pill-head morons. People actually taking over 80mg and smoking a joint in the hopes of and x like trip. Peoples recklessness is ridiculous. Anyways, I was wondering on the safety and effects of taking a normal dosage of Adderall as prescribed and then smoking cannabis. I've read some places that it helps them get to sleep, remember to eat, those kind of things. However again from unreliable sources. I've also read it increases your risk of heart attack, that it can cause panic attacks, and extreme paranoia. I'd rather loose some weight and not sleep than end up hiding under my bed from the monkey SWAT team on my roof.

Thank you in advance for your reply and not sure if this is in the right part of the forum.
ADD here. Started with Ritalin, then Adderall for a while, till I reverted back to just cannabis.

Experience: at first, the meds were epic. Clarity and silence up there. Needed more and more of the meds for the same results tho, so started using cannabis again to get to manageable. Ditched the meds.

I never stopped recreational use, and smoked about 2gr/day without any adverse effects. I didnt even know people tried to trip like that, and I dont think that will ever produce the result they are after.

Back
Top Bottom