Super Silver Haze, Amsterdam Genetics: 60x60cm 2x2ft, DWC, 250w HPS, T.A. GHE, ScrOG

PlanetJ

Strain information:

Name
: Super Silver Haze
Breeder: Amsterdam Genetics
Parents: Haze x Skunk #1 x Northern Lights
Type: 70% Sativa – 30% Indica
Taste: Skunk / Sweet / Citrus
Effect: Energetic Headbuzz
Flowering: 9 Weeks

Growroom setup:

Space
: 60x60cm (2x2ft) SecretJardin DarkStreet DS60
Lamp fixture: Spudnik cooling hood
Ballast: Lumatek variable ballast, set @ 250w
Lamp: 250w Lumatek 250w HPS
Extraction fan: Ruck RK125 @ ~3/4 power
Circulation fan: noname, cheapest model with clip, mounted below canopy.
Reservoir: 15L (4gal) bucket filled to ~12L
Airpump: Prosilent a200
Airstone: generic circular airstone

Fertilizer information:

Brand: Terra Aquatiqa (T.A.) aka General Hydroponics
Line: Tri-part + Final part (+ Flashclean)
Regimen: Keep EC at lower bound recommended level on bottle, flush and change nutes on phase change (1st roots, growing, pre-flower, flower, ripen, flush) Keep water level topped off daily and PH adjust as required, add nutes based on EC and by judging how much water was added over last few days (roughly, by memory) deviding by half and adding to topped off reservoir as per regular instructions.

Introduction:

Hey all, back from long time no see. Somewhere on here there are a few abandoned and or completed growjournals that show how I started, and also why I stopped posting journals :D I since learned a lot and was able to invest a bit, and decided it's time I started giving back with what I learned. I also just want to share my adventures as they have become interesting I'd say.

The Super Silver Haze that will be featured in this journal, has just been popped and is stretching a bit to help with the training later. The growroom will be available in a day or 4 for her, tho the gender will have to reveal itself in due time of course.
The seed has been started by dumping it in Ph adjusted water for ~24h and then dumping into a plug, in a 2 inch netpot with some clay pebles to keep it centred and upright.

It's currently below a 150w CFL, not too close to help her stretch a bit, as I need some room between the lid and the canopy for watering.
She will get topped and a net will be used to help training. Heavy defoliation can be expected, but no lollipoping. I like my crumbles for extraction and I dont subscribe the school of thought that claims yield is increased by removing them. I dont find a difference that I can measure and thus I leave what isnt in the way.

Ph will we measured and adjusted to 5.8 daily, EC will be kept at or below the low-end of the bottle recommendation for the current grow phase, as I am not growing in a CO2 enriched environment, and as with most things, less is more.

The reservoir is cleaned when I do a water change, using some bleach. Before I switch her to flowering, I will take a few clones and a new journal will spawn featuring the same plant in nearly the same conditions: Variables are: 200W LED (Secret Jardin HPLED 200), 250W HPS (Lumatek), 150W LED (Mars Hydro TS1000).

Other than that, not much care is given, I dont play music for them, I dont brew special teas, I dont treat them as anything but their nickname, a weed. They seem to like a bit of abuse.

Defoliation mainly centres around keeping the bud sites free from cover, but once trichomes are forming in large enough numbers; those leafs I will tuck, pluck shorter, but in general I leave them on the plant, as trichomes are trichomes :p

For now, just stretching:

There is a bit if bleeding through of updates from my Clone spot, till Jack evacuated the growspace that this Super Silver Haze will occupy in a few days. Nothing much to say at this point, she looks happy. Another update this (her) evening.

Been pestering her by changing the orientation so the stem gains some structure faster. The roots are becoming visible, I expect them to reach through the pot tomorrow. Jack has 4 more days to go, so next week she will transfer to the HPS tent.

Looking fresh this morning. Cant say thats because of me. My pH probe decided to give out yesterday, and started giving me measurements all over the place .. as I was bringing pH down. F...

Getting some test strips while the replacement comes in. Mental note, get 2.

Almost time to move to the HPS tent. Jack Herer in there now, and she's looking about ready to me.

2 more days of shared updates with the Clone/Seed spot .. then her HPS home will be ready.

As I really wanna show that off too, Jack Herer, 48h before harvest (there might be some parts missing, I might already know she is killer):

Not much to show other than that, the Super Silver Haze on day 8, I took 4 pictures (posted 2 already), verified pH to be 5.8 and EC to be 1.01 and decided she can survive in that week old mix till I move her, then she will go to grow and under 18/6 for a week or 3 max, I hope. She will get topped and trained.

Day 8.6

Day 8.9

Wow - HPS!

Have you used it on such a young one for veg? I haven’t, but I have read about the red spectrum resulting in more internodal distance. My brother used to use 6500k T5s for seedlings.
It's all I have :) Havent had any issues on the previous one that went from clone to HPS

Yesterday, the Super Silver Haze from Amsterdam Genetics, hit the HPS tent. She will be getting 24h of light and then some, to get her to the tent schedule, which is offset to run at cheap energy timeblocks.

She got a fresh bath of growing mix, slightly deluted at EC 1.3 vs recommended 1.4 for growing phase.
I'm sure everybody knows the drill, I'm not doing anything special.

For all you new DWC growers out there: Make sure you get a pH-pen with ATC or make sure you temp-correct. I dont want to talk about it. Lets just say I'm very lucky to not have had any issues with the previous 6 plants :eek:

Without further ado and rambling, the SSH, just after she hit HPS, and 6h later:

Today I remembered why I had alu foil on the lids initially .. something with an HPS and water temp and every bit helping. Loads of foam-friends in the bucket, and some goop on the roots. Rinsed with clean water, threw the bucket out and got the WamBam 24L tote ready.

She has about 18L of water in it (6 more than buckets) and is easier to handle. Fresh nute mix and here is to hoping that less light and heat will keep the foamies away a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom