Super Silver Haze, Amsterdam Genetics: 60x60cm 2x2ft, DWC, 250w HPS, T.A. GHE, ScrOG

Lights on update :)

She is doing just fine I think. pH was up again due to foam friends, roots look awful atm, but I have seen it worse and they all pulled through. I probably need to start thinking about bennies in the res, but I have no clue where to start with that, and as they pull through, Im not sure its even important. I dont see any issues on the leafs.

The roots look a lot less nice:

pH and EC before and after adjusting:

I dont think any action is required at this point, besides keeping pH in range, and telling her to man up ... wait .. hold that .. dont :)

Hey @PlanetJ,

For bennies you'd want to go with either:

Root Builder (from Green Planet)
Hydroguard
Orca (best IMO, but a bit pricey)

Question, the translucent line in the picture of the roots? Is that for your airline? I'd black it out (cheap roll of electric tape will work) or replace it with a black one. I found that it was a source of algea over time, as it becomes a light source (and the roots don't like it). Just an insight from a bad experience of mine, and what I've seen happen to others.

Question, the translucent line in the picture of the roots? Is that for your airline?
Yah, comes in through the lid, and has some shade from the one-way valve.

I need to rework the air situation all together, and will for sure look out for black airlines. I didnt even know those exist.
I had much more light in there previously, and no issues whatsoever, so I'm not rushing it, but I'm aware its not ideal. Then, thats the punchline of all my rooms atm to be fair :p

Thanks for your advice on bennies, looking into those!

Orca (best IMO
Can people please like this post if they agree with that sentiment? Dont mind paying 70 for a liter if thats the consensus.

Yah, comes in through the lid, and has some shade from the one-way valve.

I need to rework the air situation all together, and will for sure look out for black airlines. I didnt even know those exist.
I had much more light in there previously, and no issues whatsoever, so I'm not rushing it, but I'm aware its not ideal. Then, thats the punchline of all my rooms atm to be fair :p
Hey no worries- and I don't wanna be that negative person saying do this or do that :rofl: . You got more grows under your belt then i, I just would feel amiss if I saw something that might be overlooked, and didn't say something.
Thanks for your advice on bennies, looking into those!
Anytime! I had a hard time sourcing hydroguard for a decent price and started looking into alternatives.
Can people please like this post if they agree with that sentiment? Dont mind paying 70 for a liter if thats the consensus.

If your looking to budget, either of the other two will be more then fine for some added root health. Myself the hydroguard is just too expensive here (over 100 for a L), and so i have to use the Root Builder. I used Root Builder on my last grow and had some decent roots.

But I should have said: Hydroguard is the popular choice used by most.

There's a few others I haven't tried as well, but best bang for a stretched buck (where I live) is Root Builder.

When I have some extra cash, then it's Orca complimented thru veg with Mycos Chum. Killer combo- but I don't think you'll find to many others who have tried it. Which is sad, as that company makes amazing products, and I'd love to try them all.

Anyhow I'm only throwing this info out there for you, as you mentioned not knowing a lot on it, and i felt I should have mentioned the hydroguard popularity part.

Are those roots just stained from nutrient solution? They look pretty bad!
nope, thats crap from the rez. You can rinse it off, or leave it there .. the plant seems to not mind. Havent had this run out of control yet, and is standard for all my plants: while the res is full and roots not abundand yet, this shit happens.

This one got her head chopped off today, and 2 fanleafs. The goal is to nip the single cola, but spare the 2 nodes that grow out of the leafnodes. I dont always manage on the first try :p The 2 fanleafs are to make sure the 2 already existing sites get more direct light, stimulating their growth and catching up to the net.

I'll make a pic tomorrow in her evening .. this has been done in her morning. Its awesome to see her ignore the abuse completely :)

That root situation caused me to drop 2ml of chlorine into the res previously .. I was scared as hell that my roots where rotting away. Honestly, she's fine :)

The appearance of those roots still concerns me..

Chlorine? Are you talking about bleach?
2 ml on 12L .. figured it might help .. it did, stunted growth as well for a few days.
Next run I just ignored the mess, and eventually you cant see any of it any more. If they where rotting, they would have been falling off by now, they are not that thick yet.

I might be proven wrong along the line, I hope she gives me another few days in that case, so I can clone her :p

Lights on update :)

She is doing just fine I think. pH was up again due to foam friends, roots look awful atm, but I have seen it worse and they all pulled through. I probably need to start thinking about bennies in the res, but I have no clue where to start with that, and as they pull through, Im not sure its even important. I dont see any issues on the leafs.

The roots look a lot less nice:

pH and EC before and after adjusting:

I dont think any action is required at this point, besides keeping pH in range, and telling her to man up ... wait .. hold that .. dont :)
I'm no DWC anything because I grow in soil but like to watch these grows...but, I have to agree with Felipe here that the roots are definitely a concern...they just don't look well. If there is anyone to heed how-to advice from, it's him...I know you just want to get the best from her so that's my two cents lol :)

Now I'm here for the rest of this
Happy to have you along for the rides :)

I'm by no means an expert grower, and I subscribe to the school of 'its a weed, dont be in its way and it'll grow'.
This will definitely not be the prettiest journal, but it should demonstrate you can grow awesome cannabis without much effort, and not stress about it too much.

they just don't look well
I know, I bleached multiple plants in the past to combat it .. then started ignoring it, and they pull through without any stunted growth or signs of stress, so I guess its not pretty, but doesnt matter too much either.

I am looking into bennies to get rid of this, but I'm also not really sweating it atm. (famous last words)

Happy to have you along for the rides :)

I'm by no means an expert grower, and I subscribe to the school of 'its a weed, dont be in its way and it'll grow'.
This will definitely not be the prettiest journal, but it should demonstrate you can grow awesome cannabis without much effort, and not stress about it too much.
You will learn me...I grow to grow. I'm not here for a pretty journal, I'm here to watch a grow and chime in with some random thoughts cause I talk too much :) I'm not your typical grower here, I just kind of ride the green wave buut....
I know, I bleached multiple plants in the past to combat it .. then started ignoring it, and they pull through without any stunted growth or signs of stress, so I guess its not pretty, but doesnt matter too much either.

I am looking into bennies to get rid of this, but I'm also not really sweating it atm. (famous last words)
I do take red flags from my plants when they're still yellow. If they seem the littlest bit off, I fix it that second. All about preservation of plants, having fun and doing it with those rose colored glasses left on the table...just listen to them when they are telling you something that's all I can encourage
Looking forward to seeing her roots looking better :cheer:
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom