Super Silver Haze, Amsterdam Genetics: 60x60cm 2x2ft, DWC, 250w HPS, T.A. GHE, ScrOG

Day 18 here, I think the topping might have succeeded the first try this time .. which means there should be 2 tops growing out of that mess.

Roots look almost completely clean by now, forgot to take a pic, will add that tomorrow. I see a bit of discolouration on the leafs, and thus topped up the nutes. EC was at 1.3, which is on the rather low end given I start at 300.
I overdid it a bit .. EC is now 2.3 lets see how she takes that :rolleyes:

Day corrected, I think I missed an update at some point. If not, its now off by one day .. cant care to check carefully, its not relevant but kept bugging me. Sorry for those with CDO that are affected by this change :p

Darn, missed the important part while topping. I stunted growth long enough to make the rest catch up tho. As soon as I can reach it, I will snip the top node out. The roots have cleared up completely. I would not fault anyone for not believing I didnt add anything in or changed the res or rinsed like crazy, but I just left it be.

(and yes, that deficiency was treated .. Haze in the breed seems to require a CalMag boost over regular mix. Had the same with Blue Cheese later in the grow. Not sure these spots will clear up, but all new growth looks good.)

Started to get irritated by the spotted leaves, so removed them. Removed a few of the others that prevented direct light on the branches, she looks a funny now. From here it will take about a week to get to switch to 12/12, and then I expect another week to get to pre-flower. But as I have not grown this strain before, that's just going off my other ladies that averaged this.

It seems the SSH likes some abusive training, and lends herself well to ScrOG from an early look at those branches and how they are developing.

I also attempted to re-top her, as I seemed to have just missed :/ Else, I will be a bit more drastic in a few days :)

She seems pretty small to flip to 12/12. Since she’s a photo, why not grow her out first?
If she does what the rest do, it's a pretty small tent as well. Due to her being this young, the time to pre-flower will be longer as well. I expect her to be twice this size by next week this time, and twice that a week later. If her growth seems slower, I will veg longer. If I wait till she fills the net with flipping, she will outgrow the tent.

Super Silver Haze on day 24. Snipped a few fanleaves, but leaving her be otherwise. I lowered the net to start spreading those braches out as they grow long enough to move a position. This girls should fair best without me interfering too much at this stage, till she is big enough to flip.

If anybody has grown a SSH before and knows anything about her stretch, let me know, as I'm banking on her stretching with my current strategy ..

Happy Yule all!

Super Silver Haze is a funny plant. I would expect her to stretch. She doesnt.

Edit: I just looked at my journal, and stated on the 18th that I would be flipping to 12/12 today. I still might, she is bushy enough, I just need her to stretch a bit, and she should be taking a about 2 weeks to get to flower from this early in veg, due to all mu abuse.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom