advanced grow room assistance re: CO2

happyfarmer83

Flowering space is around 12x6, but the overall room is 12x10. Height is around 7.5ft. Planning to add a CO2 generator, but am unclear in the intake situation.

As it stands there is a 10 inch 1070cfm fan and a 10x39 Phresh filter for a active exhaust system. Planned a active exhaust and passive intake as mentioned.

Regarding the intake. Do I need one with CO2? I planned to use to Phresh 6x12 intake filters. BUT, I want to eliminate odor from coming in through the intake(s) to the outside of the room. In addition, I don't want CO2 to escape the intake.

Any thought or LIVED experience and wisdom on designing this type of room?

I use co2 tank and a sniffer in middle of room. I run 2 lines off regulator and Insert the line in back of my wall mounted fan. Or mini split. I keep at 2000 ppm I know 1500 is the most they can use but rather be heavy than light.

if you have an open intake and a active exhaust,how will the c02 be any benefit??

I had to set up my timers for the extraction to shut off and c02 to open,then the 02 to shut off and the extraction to come back on,30 min intervals.

sealed room with my mini-split,I just set at 1500 and leave it.but i have ZERO INTAKE or exhaust.

I used to shut my exhaust off for 45 mins of every hour so I wasn't using as much co2. The results were poor yield was less. More yellowing etc etc. I decided that if I continuously pumped co2 and ran fan 24/7 results improved significantly. So yes I waste alot of co2 a 20lb every 18 hrs of bloom so it costs me roughly 450$ every harvest but the results are worth it.

WOW am i reading correct?? a full tank in 18 hours of 12/12??

shit an i was complaining about a bottle a grow hahahaha,

you have the record my friend,my biggest grower friend(he has a 800sqft canopy)only uses 3 per grow.at the maintained 1500ppm

if its working keep at it:Namaste:

Man wish I had buddies pic. My buddy built a 250000 grow with alot of my help he's recreational growing thousands yes thousands per month. He uses 100lbs every 24 hrs of bloom.

I run higher than necessary. But I feel it is a GREAT waste cause I've been at like 300-600 with just fresh intake and I see 30% better results with more

How is he exhausting? Is his meter correct? Mine is excessive but it sounds like either that meter is off or there could be a improvement in ventilation

wow man you are just blowing me mind hahahaha

see if your buddy will,show up here.(im not calling bs or anything) would just love to see a huge garden.

---Jesus 5 bottles every 24 hrs???

Yup it's on there site. It's the big ass warehouse. Just google clima grow go to there pics. I'm medical he's 502 legal we live in wa. My wife and I will be applying for 502 status next opening

Jesus, mother of Christ,that's some spot.

its so clean and professional,excellent work on the hvac

non of the hoods have lenses?? is that better than running a parabolic shade???

The grow room could be potentially sealed. The point of the intake and exhaust to to bring fresh air in and exhaust odors. CO2 will be set around 1200ppm.

Exhaust would be every 30 min for around 5 min. Was hoping two 8 inch Phresh intakes or one 12 inch Phresh intake could bring in enough and maintain neg pressure. And not let too much CO2 or odors escape.

Thoughts? I'm sorry I am inexperienced with CO2 :)

Keep in mind this will all be monitored and regulated by a iPonic 624

imo, and im no expert: if you're using co2 and able to control the ppm then you don't need any intake or exhaust. you want to seal the room completely, if you're using air-cooled hoods then you want to bring in outside air thru the hoods and then out of the room, another fan pulling air thru a filter and blowing out at the other end of the room to circulate the scrubbed air. your co2 system will provide the "fresh" air. also you can better control environment

imo, and im no expert: if you're using co2 and able to control the ppm then you don't need any intake or exhaust. you want to seal the room completely, if you're using air-cooled hoods then you want to bring in outside air thru the hoods and then out of the room, another fan pulling air thru a filter and blowing out at the other end of the room to circulate the scrubbed air. your co2 system will provide the "fresh" air. also you can better control environment

so that would be one fan pulling air from outside the room, through the hoods, outside the room. you honestly want to pull air from outside the house and blow it out the house...if not you'll be sucking out your cooled or heated house air....no Bueno. anyway- another fan pulling air from in the room through a filter, across the room....this air stays inside the room and continuously gets scrubbed....which will control odors

Back
Top Bottom