Advice for newbie setup 120x60x160 !

decente

Hi everyone! :grinjoint: Im new to growing, and Im looking for some advice on this setup I have imagined.

My space at the moment is somewhat limited, but what I want to acheive is having two seperate tents, one for veg and one for flowering. The reason for this is obviously so I can acheive a good "flow" in the production, moving from veg. to flower continiously, using clones.

My grow medium will be soil, Im looking at 3-4 weeks veg stage, and 6-8 weeks flowering. Strains will vary, but I will start off with Big Bud and White Widow. Grow method Im thinking SCROG will be the best, but Im open to advice/other suggestions here.

* Secret Jardin tent 120x60x160 (cm) for flowering, I have not decided on a light for this tent, but Im looking at 400w or 600w, looking for some advice here. Is 600w too much for such a small space?

* Secret Jardin tent 60x60x160 (cm) for vegetation stage - now here Im looking at 250w - is that sufficient or do I need more power? Also, will there be significant odor from the veg. stage? Im thinking, do I need a filter for this tent aswell?

* Other equipment will of course be: fans, filter, refelctors for the lamps, thermostat, ph meter, nutrients etc.

What do you guys think about my plan? If I do everything right, what yields can I expect from this setup? I appreciate any feedback and advice that can help my first grow becoming a success..! :thumb: :yummy:

:welcome: to :420:

For flowering tent - 400 watts is 50 watts/sq. ft., 600 watts is 75 watts/sq. ft. - 50 watts/sq. ft. is recommended minimum for good growth, typically higher than than for flowering so I would go with the 600 watt light.

For vegetating tent - 250 watts is 62.5 watts/sq. ft., - any more than that and you will have heating issue in such a small space.

During vegetation, I let my plants go until they were sexually mature, 8 weeks, and the last 2 weeks or so they were beginning to produce a significant odor. You might not need to worry about it if you are only vegging for 4 weeks maximum. It does depend on the strain, so your experience may differ.

Back
Top Bottom