Advice on exhaust fan

jueyman

I didn't want to create another thread but after reading lots of threads and reviews, I still feel not sure what I will be buying for an exhaust fan on my tent.

I already have a tent and is a 3x3 one from secret jardin. I also have a Mars 900 led. Now I need the exhaust fan and carbon filter. One of my concerns is noise, I know it will be impossible to have 0 noise level but I want to have the quieter setup possible.

I have looked at this 3 models:
S-600 Vortex S-Line
VenTech IF4 4" Inline Duct Fan
Hyper Fan 6"

Is there anyone with similar setups to mine that can advice me in one of those or suggest me one.

The Vortex fan looks like a nice quiet one. The most important part your gonna need is a variac, if you use a cheap 20$ variable speed controller you will hear a loud hum. A 3 amp variac goes for about 65$ on amazon, paired with the Vortex fan 6 in fan, I think you will be fine. Using the bigger fan will let you dial down the fan and reduce alot of noise. Also make you to use some type of isolators to help reduce vibration.

The Vortex fan looks like a nice quiet one. The most important part your gonna need is a variac, if you use a cheap 20$ variable speed controller you will hear a loud hum. A 3 amp variac goes for about 65$ on amazon, paired with the Vortex fan 6 in fan, I think you will be fine. Using the bigger fan will let you dial down the fan and reduce alot of noise. Also make you to use some type of isolators to help reduce vibration.

Thanks for the advice. Money is not a problem so I will be looking at the suggestion.

of the options listed i'd probably look into the hyperfan with built on controller, but with a tent that size any of them will be more than sufficient, so its more a matter of preference and cost effectiveness at that point..

i currently use a $35 160CFM duct fan from the hardware store in my 4x4x6.5 which is nearly double the cubic foot space as your tent and it works ok, but i will upgrade to a larger fan/controller setup in future, so thats why i'd look at the hyperfan, more than enough CFM with a 30%-100% dial built on. Assuming it connects straight to ducting, thats probably the easiest, most cost effective route - also presuming its not that loud, the only thing i can find about that is a quote that says its "extremely quiet" but no "dba" rating.

I had a few people recommending the hyperfan but also a few others recommending the Vortex one. The good thing I see in the hyperfan is the fan controller. Will wait to see if more people chime in on this thread before making a decision.

Well so far I'm thinking in buying the hyper fan 6" with a Phresh 701205 Duct Silencer and a carbon filter(haven't checked yet).

If noise is of concern, do as I and I'm sure, thousands of others have done. Seal your fan inside an insulated box. Buy the fan you like, get a rough idea on size, then go to the grocery store that gives empty boxes away and grab a bunch of different kinds that look about the size you need. Once in the comfort of home test the boxes with your fan till you find the best one. Cut a circle for your fan size on either side. Stuff insulation around your fan inside of the box, making sure the insulation is fluffy and not compressed or it won't work as well as it should. Attach approximate venting tube to both sides of fan and tape box closed. Now arrange where your fan hangs with filter and you're set. If you have any problems understanding my instructions, drop me a line and I will post some pictures. Peace!!

If noise is of concern, do as I and I'm sure, thousands of others have done. Seal your fan inside an insulated box. Buy the fan you like, get a rough idea on size, then go to the grocery store that gives empty boxes away and grab a bunch of different kinds that look about the size you need. Once in the comfort of home test the boxes with your fan till you find the best one. Cut a circle for your fan size on either side. Stuff insulation around your fan inside of the box, making sure the insulation is fluffy and not compressed or it won't work as well as it should. Attach approximate venting tube to both sides of fan and tape box closed. Now arrange where your fan hangs with filter and you're set. If you have any problems understanding my instructions, drop me a line and I will post some pictures. Peace!!

Thanks I will try that, it looks interesting.

Ok so I will just buy the hyperfan and the carbon filter. Anything else I will buy in the process since I'm 2 months away for being able to start my first grow.

Flexible ducting to go with your fan/filter size, comes in a bag (25ft). Do not get the rigid stuff, it makes to much noise due to vibrations. Make a list of supplies - medium, propagation, nutrients. Peace!!

Flexible ducting to go with your fan/filter size, comes in a bag (25ft). Do not get the rigid stuff, it makes to much noise due to vibrations. Make a list of supplies - medium, propagation, nutrients. Peace!!

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have everything else since I grow my vegetables in my yard. Although it will be my first canna grow. The fan,carbon and everything regarding that part of the system is the only thing I need to buy and I want to have the stealthiness grow possible. I don't sell is only for my use so I will only be growing 2 plants from time to time so I hope I will be able to hide the smell the best possible.

Insulated is not required but can still be used. It just doesn't bend quite as easy as normal ducting, and in small tight spaces could be more problems than it is worth. Peace!!

Insulated is not required but can still be used. It just doesn't bend quite as easy as normal ducting, and in small tight spaces could be more problems than it is worth. Peace!!

Thanks, so If I go with a non-insulated like this Amazon: iPower GLDUCT25C Non-Insulated Ducting Aluminum Foil Vent with 2 Clamps, 25-Feet 6-Inch, ProFlex Clothes Dryer Transition Duct, Fire-Resistance Coating. Strong & Flexible, Contains Corrosion Resistant Wire Helix, Temperature Range from 0 I should be fine?

1666764121844.png

My pleasure!! I have to add a safety note, in case this is your first gro. Keep all electrical off the floor! Make sure your fan and light are on the same GFCI switch, that way if the fan dies, the light will go out also and not cause a risk of fire. Keep all chemicals locked away or up high so pets can't get into them. And above all else, have fun and enjoy the experiences you're about to embark on!!

I'm not saying you don't already know precautions in growing, just wanted to add it in for peace of mind. Peace!!

Back
Top Bottom