AeroGarden "An Incomplete Guide to Growing" First AeroGarden Grow Journal

Renegade69

Renegade's first AeroGarden Journal, White Widow strain, August 2010.

So we've all heard about it now lets' give it a go.

I will begin this journal with as much information as possible so everyone is on track and I hope to get some good input.

AeroGarden Pro 100 Unit

(1) Equipment: An old computer hutch for my cabinet, thermometer, fan, air pump w/air stone, ion generator, magnifying glass, timer for flowering, vent fan
(2) Hydro unit of course, 1 AeroGrow AeroGarden Pro100
(3) Approximately one gallon reservoir
(4) Tomato/Peppers setting
(5) Germination stage, light setting is 18/6, but will be turned off during actual germination and turn back on when seeds pop
(6) Germination stage is approximately 10 days before switching to mature growth stage
(7) Mature growth stage, light setting is 16/8
(8) Will use Stealth Hydro Nutes during entire grow
(9) White Widow Seeds, only 4 this time
(10) Seeds stored in freezer
(11) Distilled water
(12) Soaking for ½ hour in bleach to kill fungus
(13) Bleach mix of ½ tbsp to 1 gallon of water
(14) Soak for 8-16 hours then transfer to wet paper towel till tap root appears or just put in pod after 8-16 hour soak, 2 seeds the first way and 2 the second way
(15) Seed pop'd, tap root growing, sprout is seen?
(16) Introduce nutes, Stealth Hydro Flora Series, FloraGrow, FloraBloom, FloraMicro, FloraLicious Plus and FloraNectar Pineapple Rush, adding nutes based on SH "Keep It Simple" Guide
(17) Flushing and adding fresh nutes every 2 weeks for a 4 month schedule and weekly for a 2 month schedule, this based on SH nutrient schedule, 2 month schedule for dwarf type strains and/or auto bloom strains
(18) Will be monitoring ph levels (0-14), range 5.6-6.2 for hydro with 7.0 being neutral
(19) Sexing early on, as soon as I have at least 4 internodes
(20) Will be "pruning" to control height, may also use "training technique"
(21) May try "cloning" just before blooming stage
(22) If all goes well, will begin blooming in 8 to 12 weeks
(23) If this grow is successful, will try an auto strain, "Lowryder AutoBerry"

I welcome all comments and suggestions

good luck bro,I'm with ya:rollit: and by the way some of my best plants have been 18 in. veg. for 5 nodes and flower.you can pull light off and raise that way,many people have done that.

that light should go up 24 in.I have same kind,but it will hit the top of cabinet.

Spike,

I'm bout ready to begin but will be moving in a month or so...so I'm debating on starting just yet. Not sure if you've seen the pictures I posted here. But the cabinet (old computer hutch) won't allow me to go beyond the 13" max. 18 does seem ideal but with training and pruning it should work out..right...lol.

Question how do I create and/or attach a photo album? I don't have the "My Albums" tab or "Create a new Album". The only option I have next to "My Photos" is "My Favorites" and then "[ no messages ]". What am I missing?

Ok so I just figured out how to link my picture...yea...lol.

Picture_372.jpg

This is my cabinet. Still don't see the option for the "Photo Album". Maybe I'll find it by the time someone responds.

Sorry last question, how do I link this thread to another thread? Under "Go Advanced"?

I would wait to start till you move,I'm not sure where your talking about album
let me read again and post back.ok never mind then.I am going to put up pic of
good size for you.this is Dwarf Ganja auto flower i5 in. it was small.just flower right away.
HPIM136811.jpg

About the photo album...I don't have an option to create a photo album.

Last question...how do I link this thread to another thread? You know like you have under that thin black line...how do I do that?

Thanks again for your help...

Btw: Love that picture...yea that's what I was thinking about a dwarf type plant...and yes on the auto flowering...should work perfect for the AG.

Ok, so the Master Gardener Kit showed up last week and I'm anxious to start. And since we are testing the validaty of this unit we might as well use thier supplies and nutes.

Moving in about a month but want to start this. So I'll begin this grow next weekend with only 2 seeds and I will use the new nutes that AG sent. Liquid kind this time.

If all goes well and we get a couple of bitches then i'll pull at least 4 clones off her. Assuming I can keep them healthy during the move.

Photo's with every post so everyone can keep up. Modified the unit so I can use my air stone and installed vent fans (computer fans) in cabinet to help control temp. Will take pictures to show the modifications some time next week.

So we're off!!

Spike,

I'm bout ready to begin but will be moving in a month or so...so I'm debating on starting just yet. Not sure if you've seen the pictures I posted here. But the cabinet (old computer hutch) won't allow me to go beyond the 13" max. 18 does seem ideal but with training and pruning it should work out..right...lol.

Question how do I create and/or attach a photo album? I don't have the "My Albums" tab or "Create a new Album". The only option I have next to "My Photos" is "My Favorites" and then "[ no messages ]". What am I missing?

Ok so I just figured out how to link my picture...yea...lol.

Picture_372.jpg

This is my cabinet. Still don't see the option for the "Photo Album". Maybe I'll find it by the time someone responds.

Sorry last question, how do I link this thread to another thread? Under "Go Advanced"?

Ok so I'm in on this one...Hey Renegade, can't you just modify (knock out) the top shelf in your cabinet to gain about 6 more inches? Looking like you may need it.

good luck and peace....

Wspomaha,

That is an option when my girls get that high. I'm hesitent (sp) about doing that. I think I can control the plant if I keep it short. But like I said it's an option, that area is just a book shelf right now.

And like Spike said earlier in this thread I can pull the hood off and get an additional few inches.

Update:

Finished prep'ing my office...lol.

Aero_Office_1.jpg

Aero_Office_2.jpg

Aero_Office_3.jpg

Pictures include the cabinet doors closed, doors open with a drop cloth preventing any light from coming through, cloth raised, unit with filler cups since I'm starting with only 2 seeds, picture of the airstone.

Aero_with_airstone.jpg

For the airstone, I just drilled a hole in the back just big enough to slide the hose in. The pump is below all that.

Aero_with_airstone_and_vent_fan.jpg

In the upper right head corner is a vent fan, got this idea from one of the SME's about using a computer fan to help control the heat. It also helps pull in fresh air from the outside. Works perfect and I have the option to add a couple more fans if I need it. And I think I will.

Remember we will be using the Master Gardener nutrient schedule. I'm only starting with 2 seeds in a 7 pod unit. But with that said, only 2 plants? Should I follow the 7 pod schedule or 3 pod schedule? The 3 pod unit is half the size of the 7 so it makes sense to me to cut the nute's but the 3 pod is half the water.

So I think add the nute's based on the amount of water not the amount of plants?

Input?

And yes, even though I have my SH nute's I wanted to try the experiment based on the article to see if it really works. The only difference is the airstone.

Just going over my notes before I begin.

In the next couple of days.

Whatcha smokin Spike...lol.

Actually I was questioning the nute to water ratio in these units.

The AG nute's (liquid) come in two sizes, 5.5 ml (small) and 8 ml (large).

Since I'm only starting with 2 seeds in a 7 pod unit, I was just wondering which one's to use.

The instructions on the bag say, 5.5 for the 3 pod and 8 for the 7 pod and yes the question here is, does it matter that I'm only starting with 2 seeds.

That's all...

Ugh, this waiting game is killing me. Waiting for the move, everything in place. Moving in a couple weeks. Been doing so much researching and reading it's coming out my ears. But I'm ready. Assuming all the information is correct and I've done as much as I can do with the AG unit then I should be successful. So until the end of August...ugh...see you then.

Back
Top Bottom