Aeroponic first grow

BurnBud LaVie

Hello,
So I decided to grow. This is my first grow. My roommate and I realized we have the time and resources to develop a garden. Here are the basics, if I missed something I can amend this thread quickly.

This is a CLOSED system. We are running an indoor grow in a Grow Lab 145L. (essentially 5'x9'x6'7") Note the height, that's the ceiling. Running 3 600 Lumatek e-ballasts. 6" air cooled hoods from hydrofarm. We are using Ice boxes from Hydro Innovations for cooling. Those are plumbed thru 1/2" ID hose to a Botanicare 115 reservoir (outside tent) with a 330-500 gph pond pump. The reservoir has a 1/2 HP water chiller with a 300-500 gph pump. This means that the water from the reservoir gets sent to the chiller and back to the reservoir. then the other pump takes cool water to the Ice boxes to cool forced air, warmed water is then sent back to the reservoir. The reason for two pumps is the ID of the chiller and Ice boxes is different (3/4" and 1/2" respectively). We also have three wall fans. CO2 moniter and regulator on a 30 lbs tank.

We are also running a 65 pint dehumidifier INSIDE the tent.

For water delivery system we chose an Aeroponic spray system. This was a DIY utilizing rubber maid 10 gallon tubs. There are 8 total sites. Each site has six 3-3/4" net pots except one has 8 net pots. For a grand total of 50 plant sites. These are siting on low shelving that is hugging and in the 4x8 botanicare reservoir below the plants. It hold about 50 gallons, but typically we keep 36-44 gallons. No need to flirt with flooding. Water is delivered with 2another 300-500 gph pond pump to 3/4" pvc that runs down the cent/er between the sites. Each site has a red 1/2" hose bring water down to a 1/2" pvc and 12 sprinkler heads (surrounding each of the net pots on 4 sides). The pump is on a recycling timer to turn on for 45 seconds, off for 5 minutes 24 hours a day. Each site is allowed to fill about 2 inches before allowed to drain for a little insurance in case of pump failure. Also a little deep water culture. Drained water goes out the side strait down to the resivoir below. There is an addition pump in the reservoir (but only 100 gph just to circulate the water). And a few air stones to increase O.

We are using GH nutes and soon to be using 35% H2O2.

that is the general setup.

Babies were delivered 6/5/09 Train Wreck x NY sour diesel. We had 60, gave three to a friend and lost 5 due to stress (later). I am keeping one runt out, but I can't let her go. Maybe something special for her. (under a CFL now)

I have an idea of how much this cost but it IS NOT a poor mans grow. Well I am poor now. Roughly $8000.

Re: Aeroponic first grow.

Hello,

These are the kids on delivery day 6/5
1st_Grow_0011.jpg

In the net pots. The purple color you see is a LED light that was there for 2 days while some last minute electical issues were being addressed. They are now under 3 600w HPS
1st_Grow_007.jpg

A sprinkler head, one of 12 per site. They look stronger than they are.
1st_Grow_022.jpg

Roots showing after 6 days
1st_Grow_038.jpg

about 10 days old. Added viscueen (sp?) on tops for reflectivity. Also blinded me for a few days before there was more green than white:smokin:
1st_Grow_045.jpg

Roots about day 14!
1st_Grow_054.jpg

This is from day 15, they have grown 3+ inches since then and will stat the flower tomorrow!
1st_Grow_058.jpg

Now we are up to date. I would have done this earlier except, well, I have been flying by the seat of my pants on this project. Always adapting and LEARNING! This has been a full time job it seems. I am mostly unemployed so that's a good thing?

Well I messed up, again. I'll try later, the pictures are in my gallery. Sorry.

Re: Aeroponic first grow.

So I switched to 12/12 off of 20/4. The plants are going big, 2-3 inches a day. This is great EXCEPT for I have a height restriction. I am also thinking about taking clones out of the crop due to an expected over crowding situation. I am at 51 plants in a 4x8 area, pretty tight. I SHOULD have turned to 12/12 five or so days ago...a learning experience for sure.

Back
Top Bottom