Air changing and sealing with new cab.

luxx

Hi 420, i recently got myself a new grow cab. It is a dual doored wardrobe made of partical wood. I am using cfls for lighting for now, but need to set up the ventilation as if i had a 400w hps(soon to come).

The dimentions are 2.5 x 1.3 x 5.5ft. The internal volume is 17.9 cubic ft.

With no air ducts, i calculated that i will need 89 cfm fan, or fans.

Im kinda confused tho, would that be 89 out and in? or 89 out, half that in? or 75% of that out and 25% in?

My other q is about sealing my cab. Its a little old and there are some gaps in the partical wood. What material, method, glue, caulk, is best for making the cab airtight without ruining the stealthieness of its appearance?

stick on weather stripping, and a large amount of caulk on the inside will do the trick, I sealed a cabinet slightly larger than that, and it worked so well, that my fans had a hard time, pulling against the vacuum the cabinet seal created, and it caused my temps to rocket up, as soon as I took some of the seal away, the fans began moving air efficiently again, it's more about blocking light than it is making it air tight, for that, I used the weatherstripping intended for garage door bottoms, it comes in a high density foam, and is convienently extruded in a 90degree "L" shape, you just nail, screw glue, whatever to the inside of the cabinet anywhere light escapes, to create a shadow on the light seam, and viola' no light escape. Noise, and odor are going to be an issue, but if you seal up so tight to prevent that, your temps will definitely be an worse issue.

Back
Top Bottom