Air cooled radiator

Nice DIY! Still holding the temps down?

I left town for a few days this weekend and it worked beautifully. I came home to the water at 71F with the central AC set to 76F all weekend.

Money well spent in my book and the girls took off and grew quite a bit in my absence. Even the PH was still stable at 6.1 with no intervention!

:thumb:

Thanks, I originally planned to use a water cooler also but I couldn't locate one in my time frame. I do like the look of your chiller tho. Great ideas in that thread.

One plus to the mini-fridge is that the top gets slightly warm. It works perfect for sprouting seedlings and I believe it will perform perfectly for clones. I just set the cups/tray on the top of one side of the fridge and let it get warm.

I haven't had to lift a finger and my temps are around 68.44F at this time. So far it seems to be a success!

My plants seem to be loving the constantly chilled water. Some reason they just look happy to me :)

Wow, I built almost the identical thing except I used two 50 ft. sections of garden hose inside the mini fridge because I didn't have the money for the copper. I also use an inline external pump with set up. Next time you have to buy a pump, look into getting an external one and I bet your system would work even better, well a lot better because mine with just 100ft of poly garden hose instead of copper will get my 45 quart Coleman cooler that's inside a 2 inch thick insulated ice box I built for it down to 63' and hold it. That's with only 4 plant modules in 12 gallon containers set up aeroponically with sprayer heads that drain. So I'm only using altogether maybe 25 - 30 gallons of water. But in another forum a whole bunch of people were trashing me when I explained this idea and poof here is someone else that made the same thing but better with copper tubing and everyone in here loves it. Guess I been in the wrong forums!! Great job and design, I'm going to switch over to all copper instead of the garden hose when I get the extra money!!

Back
Top Bottom