Medium - 70% soil 25% perlite 5% dolomite lime
PPM - 500-1000
PH - 6.7
RH - 30% to 45%
Room Temperature -75 to 85
Room Square Footage - 4 sqft for 2 plants
Pests - None

Hey everyone!
I'm wondering what do you think of these and what should I change.
2 of them (bigger ones ofc) are about to be flipped to 12/12 in 2-3 days. Aren't they too compact? Should i do any trimming ? I had some cal-mag problems but they seem to get better day by day.
I used Fimming technique on 2 bigger ones, result was 1 plant with 4 tops and 2nd with 3 (smallest plant was topped), defoliation through whole life (had stunt grow after 1st heavy defoliation) and Lst.
What do you suggest to do before flowering?
I appreciate any kind of help,
Thanks!

Plant 1
20151111_114955.jpg

20151111_115006.jpg

20151111_114944.jpg

20151111_115036.jpg

Plant 2
20151111_114810.jpg

20151111_114740.jpg

20151111_114854.jpg

20151111_114830.jpg

Plant 3
20151111_114612.jpg

20151111_114554.jpg

Your plants are looking awesome. Good job.
I think that cutting don't be useful in this situation, I suppose you should bend the lower branches down.

They look very nice moon, may I suggest a few runs of plain water before flowering as I think I see a small case of nute burn. But it looks like your gonna really enjoy this one...keep it up buddy.
:thumb:

Thanks for kind words guys :) It's my 1st grow and im trying my best.
What kind of yield should I expect from these 2 plants? They're pretty similar 7-8" high, 13-14" wide.

Good work moon especially on your first run. I think 8" after 35 to 50 days under 600w hps is quite small though so I would avoid any defoliation in your next run, removing leaves isn't something I would advise unless absolutely necessary especially in the veg stage when they need all that energy to develop. You got some balls though, most people on their first grow would never dare to remove leaves so green :grinjoint:

I think your gonna enjoy this blooming stage...I can't say about the yield except we'll just have to wait & see buddy. Great effort.
:thumb:

@SoIMJ Well, I've been reading and reading and many sources says that defoliation in veg promote new growth tips to develop more, and shortening internodal space. Sure it slowed them a little, but no big deal. They've been stripped 2 times heavily and I'm plucking shade leaves on daily basis :) I think I will continue to defoliate in bloom aswell, but after 21 days, for densier buds.

I flipped them for 12/12 just now. I'm very curious about horizontal and vertical stretch. Most sources says 2-3x stretch but im not sure that this would be the case. I'm afraid they might not stretch as much as I want them to. Also installed cooling tube, managed to hang lights at 14" above canopy. I might go down a little but not sure if I should.

Hey moon, yes I know there's lots of sources that encourage defoliation but there's just as many that don't...my view is that the leaves are important & will fall off when the plants are ready to let em go. Yes the bud sites will receive more light, but whats the point if it doesn't have enough energy to develop those sites in the first place because leaves are lacking? I think its a fine line, if done properly at the right times then its probably beneficial somewhat, but only if you know exactly what your doing & the reasons your doing it. In any case its great to try techniques when growing, eventually you'll know whats better for your style & setup.

Regarding stretching if the ak-47 is described as a small or medium plant then it will probably double in size max. If its a tall plant then it could triple in size...its not an exact science but that's how I look at it. In any case keep up the good work buddy.
:Namaste:

Flowering day 8 of plant 1 & 2.
Those tops are yellow after dark period, getting greener with lights. Normal, or def?
1100ppm solution NPK 1/2/2

Day 21 from flip. Defoliation - only to expose as many hidden bud sites as possible. Need any further suggestions. Temps are higher than suggested, but seems like no big deal for them, or could it slow down bud growth? Gonna flush them in 3 days.

Thank You in advance!

Hi Moonspell,

you are not completing the photo upload process, your links from the upload directory are only temporary.

Please complete the 2 step upload process or all of your photos will disappear in a few days :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom