Alaskan Ice

noway

I noticed that green house seed co., no longer offers alaskan ice on their web site, did they pull it because of poor sales?
Does anyone have any experience with this strain?

Probably because it wasn't stabilized yet.... There were some seriously crazy pheno's that it was spitting out... I still have a few seeds that I added to my overgrow seed stash......

I am growing some now and so far not impressed. One failed to come up after sprouting, one was a tiny unhealthy looking runt which got pulled, and the one remaining is just starting to show some buds after 5 weeks of flower. I have a few seeds left that I will attempt to grow outside in the spring but I won't buy them again.

i am a curent grower of alaskan ice. This is a great plant. best advice make all your plants from one mother plant so they all grow they same, because it is a 50/50 strain, when you grow from seed your plants will mostly be diff. premo smoke, lots of bud

ya you have to be careful about giant splits like this

theres way more than even just 8 strains going into that strain and the genetics are all weird.

you can get super bad immunities, pest problems, hermaphrodites, super lon or slow flowering periods.

like nelly was saying, if you get a good pheno type of a crazy strain your pretty much set. just so you know also, the reason why someone would take a strain off the market is because they didnt breed it right and select the best ones out of thousands over and over. thats why the phenos are fucked up still.

Too much hybridization, not enough stabilization?

I picked mytwo mother plants really carefully. first i grew out my plant to flower then took clones and marked them all. once those clones were large and i got to see how the seeded plants looked through-out budding, i picked one plant that is mid height and very thick stalked, lots of short branches. The other i picked is stringy and neededs to be flowered right away indoors, but out-door season is around the corner so the tall one will pay off

Back
Top Bottom