Alcohol Could Have Harsher Societal Effects Than Marijuana

420 Warrior

How serious can threats of marijuana grow ops actually be to communities, or youth for that matter, when the majority of grow ops could literally be forced to shut down by eliminating marijuana prohibition and regulating it like alcohol?

Yet the police prefer to continue to centre the conversation around the evils of marijuana and talk of the potential for an increase in criminal activity and a greater chance of fire, explosions and violence. The harms of alcohol are far greater than those attributed to marijuana.

The impact of drugs and organized crime on our communities are in direct correlation to the laws which criminalize drugs and foster the very opportunities for organized crime to permeate communities that enforcement claims to want to shut down.

Why do police encourage the continuation of costly failed legislative actions and the efforts of Crime Stoppers over intelligent policy change that would affect meaningful results in cost effective ways?

The International Centre for Science in Drug Policy's latest report demonstrates the clear failure of U.S. cannabis prohibition. It supports calls for evidence-based models to legalize and regulate the use of cannabis.

The report has already received the support and endorsement of the British Medical Journal, one of the world's most influential medical journals which has published a commentary in support of the report's findings, and over 60 of the ICSDP's scientific network members from more than 30 countries.

Other organizations also concur.

1_23_.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Peninsula News Review
Author: Wayne Phillips
Copyright: 2012 Black Press

I've been saying the same thing for over three decades. lot's of luck getting the "Tyrants" to listen though.

Alcohol Could Have Harsher Societal Effects Than Marijuana

Could? Um...it does have harsher side effects!!!!

Since when is alcohol safer than Cannabis?...like, NEVER?!!!

Anyone with half a brain should already know this...OMG! COULD?!!!

That's like saying, "a bullet in the forehead" COULD kill you"...Or, "drinking cyanide COULD poison you to death!!!

What part of alcohol poisoning and liver disease don't they understand? And...What part of "Marijuana has NEVER had a fatal dose to a human" don't they understand?

They obviously don't understand much!!!

Not that they don't understand, they don't want to understand. they just want to control every living thing on the planet.

Not that they don't understand, they don't want to understand. they just want to control every living thing on the planet.

Honestly, I believe they understand perfectly well that they are duping everyone and just pulling the wool over the eyes of the people...they just don't care!!!

What really gets to me about this, is the fact that they are so callas about alcohol that they just keep promoting it and advertising it as if it's perfectly acceptable to be an alcoholic...Like it's the way everyone should be?

All these beer commercials are doing, is saying to our kids that it's totally fine to get drunk! What's wrong with this picture?

I mean, they took "Joe Camel" and the "Marlboro Man" off every billboard in America and replaced them with alcohol advertisements!

Do they mean to tell us that, it's just fine to drink yourself into a drunken stupor and commit violence on others or even give yourself alcohol poisoning but smoking is so much worse than that?!!!

What kind of bologna is that?!!!

All I know is, my little boy doesn't need to see 15-20 beer commercials, every time we watch a Braves game together, nor does he need to see their advertisements, every time we take a trip through Atlanta together because, I don't want him growing up in a world that tells him it's ok to drink when he's a teenager...that I do know!!!

I hear you brother. damn tempting to move the family into the middle of the woods somewhere. seems like everywhere you go you get bombarded by the ad's. makes it more difficult to convince the children of it's evils when they see the crap all the time.
I say fill the billboards with messages of Peace, Love and brotherhood instead.

I hear you brother. damn tempting to move the family into the middle of the woods somewhere. seems like everywhere you go you get bombarded by the ad's. makes it more difficult to convince the children of it's evils when they see the crap all the time.
I say fill the billboards with messages of Peace, Love and brotherhood instead.

For sure brother!

I guess I get a little passionate about this subject sometimes, but I am a thinker and a good observer of the world around me and I can see the harm in these things and I can see right through their "In Your Face" tactics for making money...I have to question their motives?

I believe alcohol companies should be held to no less treatment/standards than that of tobacco companies because both of them are deadly substances.

In my book, alcohol is even more deadly because it's responsible for millions of deaths to other people involved in fatal, "DUI" car crashes so...? Um? isn't this cause enough? Let alone what it does to our kids?!!!

Marijuana legalization will take away the alcohol companies thunder and a huge portion of their bottom line and that's what makes us such a huge threat to them!

What scares me the most, is that kids are mixing alcohol and "Weed" together and getting so far gone that they are a danger to, not only them selves but everyone around them as well!!! Kids just can't handle or conduct themselves safely under that kind of influence what so ever! Honestly, from what I've seen? Adults can't either, At least that's been my experience/observation anyway, for the most part?

One thing I have noticed though, is that most, "True Cannabis Lover's", only use Cannabis while some only drink small amounts on rare occasions to celebrate something..if then? Just another observation. ;)

For sure brother!

I guess I get a little passionate about this subject sometimes, but I am a thinker and a good observer of the world around me and I can see the harm in these things and I can see right through their "In Your Face" tactics for making money...I have to question their motives?

I believe alcohol companies should be held to no less treatment/standards than that of tobacco companies because both of them are deadly substances.

In my book, alcohol is even more deadly because it's responsible for millions of deaths to other people involved in fatal, "DUI" car crashes so...? Um? isn't this cause enough? Let alone what it does to our kids?!!!

Marijuana legalization will take away the alcohol companies thunder and a huge portion of their bottom line and that's what makes us such a huge threat to them!

What scares me the most, is that kids are mixing alcohol and "Weed" together and getting so far gone that they are a danger to, not only them selves but everyone around them as well!!! Kids just can't handle or conduct themselves safely under that kind of influence what so ever! Honestly, from what I've seen? Adults can't either, At least that's been my experience/observation anyway, for the most part?

One thing I have noticed though, is that most, "True Cannabis Lover's", only use Cannabis while some only drink small amounts on rare occasions to celebrate something..if then? Just another observation. ;)

I sense the passion. Me too. I lost my father and 2 stepfathers to alcotox i mean alcohol. not to mention step brother in KY prison for 20 years for drunk driving and killing two innocent people! i personally hope he spends his whole life there. still doesn't take responsibility.
personally, i drank 1 time in last 10 years or so, my birthday bash and i got ripped! felt like crap the whole next day. pot doesn't get rid of the pains i have, but it does make it a lot easier to deal with and the buzz is just a nice side affect. very rarely take pharmaceuticals, had way tooooo many adverse affects from them. they should all have scull and crossbones on the bottle. (jmo)
:peace::peace::peace:

Yea bro, about as far as it goes for me to drink, would maybe be a nice wine with a meal or a couple of beers at a party (which are rare).

But what sets people like myself apart from allot of people, is the fact that we can take it or leave it and always have been able to.

It's just never been my thing...But Cannabis, on the other hand? That's my love right there!!! lol :circle-of-love::morenutes: Just keep it coming!!! LOL :)

Thank you 420 Warrior

!!!!!!!!In my book, alcohol is even more deadly !!!!!!!

As a child of a disfunctional alcoholic family,
I would be interested in reading your book.
Any chance of buying a copy?
Thanks again for your insite and input.

talk about disfunction, i sat at the dining table with mom and family, friends doing bong hits and guzzlin southern comfort at age 12, but thats enough about the good times.

Good Grief!

Alcohol "may" have harsh societal effects?

I never met my grandfather. How's THAT for "maybe a societal effect?"

I highly doubt that I need explain my thoughts in this any further. Only a complete moron wouldn't get it, after having read those few words. (Unless of course, you're a politician...they can't even string four simple words together: NO VICTIM, NO CRIME.")

Now to the "legalize and tax" or "tax and regulate" or "regulate like [insert oppressively overtaxed item here]", there is no need to tax cannabis, there never was, there never will be, and anyone who tries to push cannabis-specific taxes ONLY wants to pump more money into government and out of the REAL economy.

anyone who tries to push cannabis-specific taxes ONLY wants to pump more money into government and out of the REAL economy.

I wouldn't mind this so bad if the government would use it to pump money back into the economy and not just boost their pay checks and line their pockets!

:morenutes: If taxing it will get the fed to legalize and leave us alone, let them tax it. The economy will still get injected with a ton of money.

I don't think that you quite understand...they ARE GOING TO TAX IT regardless of what we do! The problem is simple: Are we going to allow them to apply sales taxes for retail sales, or are we going to deliberately create medicinal use taxes that no PHARMACEUTICALS are taxed with, and al sorts of other CANNABIS-SPECIFIC TAXES that will allow them to make it prohibitively expensive for normal people to use?

If the taxes are too high--or there are too many of them--then the same price problems we see today will be there, and likely even worse, if we ALLOW them to create new and oppressive taxes on cannabis.

Of course., it seems that almost nobody knows anything about history, and the fact that they could never LEGALLY PROHIBIT CANNABIS, so what did they do? THEY CREATED A CANNABIS TAX!!!

Then again, what do I know, right? Let the government create new taxes to suck the money out of the poor and the sick...the "I gots mine" crowd will still "be cooler than you", and that's all that's really important, right? Who really cares about sick people getting reasonably priced, beneficial medicines, right? Let them suffer...so that government can give away all that tax money to the Federal Reserve and their corporate criminal friends.

I guess we can always try to get it right again in another 80 years or so, huh?

--- Let them suffer...so that government can give away all that tax money to the Federal Reserve and their corporate criminal friends.

I didn't say it was great or fun idea, just sick of people being arrested for it, and if that will alleviate the prison terms for using the plant in a beneficial way, so be it. They are the rich, evil, elite and will do as they please to us while we grovel around below begging just to be left alone to take a breath. It's no wonder we need to be a little medicated. But it's a bigger issue even, it's about our liberties being taken away arbitrarily by, once again the rich, who line their pockets with money donated by lobbyists like, big oil and big pharma. Hopefully soon the old school will just die off, they sure won't change. The fed has the power over us, to do what they want, for now.

:blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

Thank you 420 Warrior

!!!!!!!!In my book, alcohol is even more deadly !!!!!!!

As a child of a disfunctional alcoholic family,
I would be interested in reading your book.
Any chance of buying a copy?
Thanks again for your insite and input.

LOL...I've never written a book brother but I have thought about it a few times. lol

IDK? I would probably only manage to tick people off if I started writing about all the dysfunctional crap in this country...But I would be right about allot of it, for sure. ;)

IMHO...One of the best things about this site, is the fact that all of us get to hone our skills and gain all this knowledge about something we all feel so passionate about. :)

We all get a chance to feed off of one another and brainstorm about what we can do "collectively" to change the these horrible laws, in an effort to take the targets off our backs...That's the coolest part for me, hand's down!!! :high-five::adore:

Right on "ElectroPig"
I have had thoughts for a long time along these lines.
On the surface it seem reasonable to tax MMJ.
But!!! I have seen here in Ca, at least some Cities just keep upping the Tax.
The more they raise tax on MMJ, the more attractive it will be for the black market.
Even 15% will be attractive to the cartells, add in all the lisence and permit fees and its a sure bet for the black market.
Nothing will change.
Oh Shi$, here I go Thinking again, just want to kick back with a bong and not worry.

As far as history when they passed that back then in late 20`s?? It is same as O`Bahma with the Treasury Dept. screwing with these state ok`ed dispenserys. Let them sell just price them out with permits, taxs and what ever else they need to create to do it! Back then with new law you needed a tax stamp to bring in a harvest legaly. The gov. never produced any stamps!!(imagine that! OOPS) So if you could not get a legal stamp to bring in a crop you were busted for illegal postion of cannibs/hemp unless you had a legal stamp. It is like walking into your town Cop Shop with a heffty bag of nuggets over your shoulder. As far as booze, that my friends is the gateway drug.

:420:

If we end prohibition on cannabis law-enforcement will lose billions of dollars in tax money, face 10s of thousands of layoffs. Court costs lost, public defenders, no more forced rehab, etc. If you think our corrupt government is going to standby and just let this happen, your not in reality.

Back
Top Bottom