Alcohol the mites

sunny010

has anyone out there heard about this homemade spray useing one part Isopropyl 70%. and one part water with 2 or 3 drops of dish soap.? Its suppose to Knock the little bastards dick in the dirt !. Has anyone tried this and does it work ?.... also its suppose to kill the eggs. Peace to all..

Re: Alcohol the mites''

I will be trying that very same recipe today.I have done 2 sprayings of 1 teaspoon each of cooking oil/dish soap per quart of water.That really slowed the buggers down.Now of course I wish to eradicate the wee beasties permanently.The little chlorophyll sucking son's of fu.......deep breath...calm. I 'll let ya know the outcome.

has anyone out there heard about this homemade spray useing one part Isopropyl 70%. and one part water with 2 or 3 drops of dish soap.? Its suppose to Knock the little bastards dick in the dirt !. Has anyone tried this and does it work ?.... also its suppose to kill the eggs. Peace to all..

I've heard it a bit differently.

I have heard of using 1:1 alcohol and water, no dishsoap needed.

It's supposed to work if you cover the plants in it, the plants with the mites, of course.

I like using neem oil more since it's natural and that seems like it would be better to smoke since the stuff gets into the plants. But that's just something that would bug me - using the alcohol, that is.

At the same time, I guess when you're dealing with mites, you might be ready to use anything drastic - besides a flamethrower...LOL

Hey, gman & Sensibowl thanks for make'in a comment about this mite problem. I'm somewhat afraid to try this alcohal/water remedy. I dont want the plant to die I've got to much time invested in this big girl and in two weeks I'm going to harvest her. shes been an outdoor plant pretty much all her life / mid-june. 4ft.6in. tall, colas the size of a hotdog bun, the top is like a baseball bat. What I've been doing to kill the mites is I do each leaf between my fingers its keeping them under control somewhat. (killing them.) Please let me know how you did GMAN... Thanks Peace to all........

sorry for the language ... I use a mixture of tobacco (40cigarettes) large onion, garlic, all in one and a half of water left in the sun to semi-open cap almeno24ore. alchol careful to use with flowering plants dangerous to thc! !

Ok I sprayed twice now with a 1:1 mixer of rubbing alcohol(70%)and water.It killed the little buggers but i must have missed some because there they were.mostly on one girl.so i hope the second spraying will do the job.3rd week of 12/12 started sunday so no more spraying.Its the chems now if i have too.

alright!!!! looks like 1;1 rubbing alcohol,water mixer works.wouldent do it if i was more than 4 weeks in bloom though.but the 1 teaspoon each of cooking oil&dishsoap did do a great job of controlling the spread of the wee beasties .

Back
Top Bottom