Algae?

User43

New to hydroponics.

Ive got a plant between 1 and 2 weeks old i just put it into 5 gallon bucket because the roots were outgrowing the little netpod it was in.
First night in the bucket was a hot one, i woke up and came down to find the room at 79 and the buckets water at 78.5
There was a brown type of buildup at the water line, both on the bucket and the bottom of the netpod.
I added a little more hydrogueard (though it already had the full dose inside....)
I wiped off the sides and sprayed down the netpod w ph adjusted water...

Was that just some type of buildup from the nutes since it was the same brownish color?
Or am i battling algae?

Either way im blaming the temp i think, Ill need a way to keep the room cooler at night for sure.

I see your using an enzyme to keep your rez clear but I havent seen many use hydrogaurd, so I'm not sure how effective it is. A lot of people here use Z7 but I've switched to slf100 as it's a little cheaper. Did a little comparison:

Rez with Z7 daily the stuff on bottom is megacrop that setttled
20200309_141145.jpg

SLF100 weekly + topups think it worked a bit better
20200315_121909.jpg

Pics
Pics
Pics

And what nutes yer using, pH, water tap or ro, etc etc etc

Edit
I run my water at ambient temperature all year, uoto 80f, never an issue with hydroguard and z7
So i think youre right it wasnt the temp. My working theory is that i was sloppy with the hydroton and didnt wash it well enough, you can see a few loose in the water even in the picture, ive since taken them out. I also(before noticing the buildup) used the drain a few times to fill up a red solo and pour it over the hydroton, wanted all the roots to get wet a few times through out the day. Another reason i think it is the buildup is all the ph down its been needing today.

The bucket has about 3.5 gallons of RO water and i started with 2 ml nitrogen, 6ml hydroguard, and 3 tablespoons of big bloom. Ive been keeping the ph to 5.7 several times throughout the day as well. There has been very little new growth today.

What do you think is the maximum safe temp for the water?

Attachments

• buildup.jpg
    buildup.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
Ok no Blurple pics please

Color of the buckets?

What is NITROGEN, yer nutes????? What brand,how are u mixing them

I live in the surface of the sun, never had an issue with water temps....

I got goopies but was from orange Lids leaking light into my buckets

Ok no Blurple pics please

Color of the buckets?

What is NITROGEN, yer nutes????? What brand,how are u mixing them

I live in the surface of the sun, never had an issue with water temps....

I got goopies but was from orange Lids leaking light into my buckets
buckets are black. its supposedly pure nitrogen i wanna say its called nectar. the nitrogen and hydroguard i used a ML dropper(seperate cleaned droppers) and the big bloom i used a tablespoon measuring cup. added them into the bucket right after RO water, mixed
it around for a few minutes. then ph'd it to 5.7

some bottles i grabbed. a couple fox farm because a buddy swears by them, big and tiger bloom. some pure nitrogen for early veg and some overdrive for weight later on. They were all on sale. Ive challenged myself to do this as cheaply as possible, purely for personal use. Though i wouldnt mind having more than i smoke, i would find some type of edible or concentrate experiments to try.

Have u grown before
nope, I always kinda planned on it but was too cheap to make the investment. minimal cutting experience in some friends big rooms but that was years ago, and i truly just chilled and did what i was told.

Just happened to see how insanely cheap the LED shit lights are compared to the old school lights, both in initial purchase price and in the long run electricity wise. so i challenged myself to do it as cheaply as possible since i have plenty of doubt in these lights but i wanna see what they can do before spending some real coin.

Back
Top Bottom