all-in-one soil recommendations? plant food?

dankness

Hey all, first time grower here -- pretty low budget but doing pretty well. I got 5 plants that are about 8 inches tall, and just started them on a 18/6 cycle.

Basically I'm going to repot the plants into bigger, gallon size containers very soon. I was hoping anyone out there has a good suggestion for a bag of potting soil that IS NOT miracle grow (I can't risk a chem burn), and that can be found at Home Depot or Lowes.

Any thoughts? ? I would be forever grateful :adore: I just don't have time to make soil "recipes". I am willing to add some liquid plant food I just bought (but it seems really weak, it's 0.02-0.02-0.02) so if anyone knows anything about that, feel free to comment....

wow, sounds like you are doing fine as is but, find a soil with the words all organic potting soil on the bag. Sweet Earth, Black Gold, 2 really good brands. these organic soils will feed them without ferts for at least 1 month. with some organic ferts like alaska fish ferts you will see results with no chance of burn. So 8 inches already? well how tall ya going? What sort of light? you will need more like 5 gallon buckets for best results if you go larger than 1.5 foot tall plant. so you started them on a 18/6 light cycle, from what, ? 24 on. you should go 24 on directly to 12/12, or 18/6 directly to 12/12. I never saw any good to the extra light cycle change, changing light cycles to much can give you hermies, guy/girls, they suck. good luck...-GG

Pro Mix BX Seed and Clone. It's mostly peat moss and perlite with added dolomite lime for pH stability. This is great for either veg. or flowering because it's light and airy allowing roots to penetrate it with ease. Also it has no fertilizer added so it's ready for you to customize with either veg. or flowering ferts. at the dosage level you desire, no more burnt plants!

If you really want to make this soil awsome then add some additional perlite, some vermiculite, lots of worm castings, and bat guano (or any dry organic fertilizer, I have also used Rainbow Mix with added beneficial fungus). I know for a fact this soil is availible at Agway so look for it in HD and Lowes too.

Back
Top Bottom