What soil to use with Cannabis?

Trip420

Hello everyone im new to growing and want to know what soil to use for growing cannabis i live in Canada so the main soil i know is PRO-MIX / MIRACLE GROW. I want soil that will pretty much feed my plants till bloom. Anyone have any suggestions.

Fox farm, roots organic or basically anything BUT miracle grow. MG will make the buds taste horrible plus it is geared toward lush vegetative growth and has the absolute worst nutrient profile for flowering. All chemical fertilizers. Bad for the plant, bad for the environment, bad for you.

Pretty much, any organic mix will work fine. Just steer clear of anything that contains "continuous feed" fertilizer. It will screw up your flowering.

I'm in Canada to and I use pro mix HP. Worth every dime

Don't mess around with Miracle Gro. not worth it. I used too but j quickly got out of it and my smoke has improved 100%

You dont mix anything with the pro-mix HP just that cuz if so thats what ill do because every pro-mix potting soil / MG soil has feed for 6-9 months in the soil. . . the one im looking at anyways. . .

I don't think Promix is really "soil" in the same way black dirt is soil. I think it's still mostly peat moss based or does HP not have that? I use Promix BX with myco and it's been pretty good. I tried a couple plants from bagseed I got in MG soil and it wasn't great, they got wrecked by the soil. I have been mixing in an additional spoon full of dolomite lime into it as it should help stabilize pH issues later in the grow from the peat moss reacting with water over time. I'm also trying a couple handfuls of sheep manure per gallon since I tend to go lighter on nutes. Its tough in Canada because I tried sourcing a ton of different soil amendments so I could experiment with doing a 100% organic grow with no additional nutes. Some products like worm castings, bat guano, and good perlite (not from MG or CIL) are hard to find and online options tend to come with a hefty price tag due to shipping and weights.

Canada here. Got a bunch of growstone (similar to hydrotone I think?) and a few different organic soils on Amazon for good prices. I used prime though so no shipping.

Black gold + Buffaloam + Growstone + Espoma seedling + Coast of Maine is what I've got in the mix right now. I tried the Buffaloam and Coast of Maine with nothing else and it was way too dense.

Hello everyone im new to growing and want to know what soil to use for growing cannabis i live in Canada so the main soil i know is PRO-MIX / MIRACLE GROW. I want soil that will pretty much feed my plants till bloom. Anyone have any sugges

Hello everyone im new to growing and want to know what soil to use for growing cannabis i live in Canada so the main soil i know is PRO-MIX / MIRACLE GROW. I want soil that will pretty much feed my plants till bloom. Anyone have any suggestions
Hello everyone im new to growing and want to know what soil to use for growing cannabis i live in Canada so the main soil i know is PRO-MIX / MIRACLE GROW. I want soil that will pretty much feed my plants till bloom. Anyone have any

Try using ProMix HP CC (chunk coconut choir) with mycorrhizae.

It is not a soil, it is a Hydroponic growing medium. Although it does keep the medium moist for a long time, the growing medium does not retain the liquid nutrients that must be added to the water.

The added nutrients are absorbed directly by the plant roots and not the growing medium.
I have been using this for my micro-garden of 4 to 5 plants for over ten years and have had consistently favorable results.

I purchase the 3.8 cu ft compressed bag. This allows me to store the remainder in a covered 20 gallon bin.

Because of its simplicity I chose the Auto Pot System that utilizes a gravity fed reservoir flowing to four separate valve controlled growing containers, the nutrients are wicked from the bottom and maintain a steady and controlled amount of water/nutrients to each container.

I purchase the gallon size Ionic Brand nutrients of Grow and Bloom keeping the water/nutrient level at 1.8 ec and a Ph level between 5.85 and 6.20 in the reservoir. Choosing a high quality HID lighting system with an electronic switchable 400w/600w ballast system and using a high quality 400w MH bulb for veg. stage @ 18/6 for 4 to 5 weeks then switching to a 600w HPS bulb until harvest for about 2 months on a 12/12 cycle.

Good Luck

20181231_121700.jpg

20190614_180507.jpg

20190522_134326.jpg

20181223_141320.jpg

VideoCapture_20190528-195834.jpg

Back
Top Bottom