All what do i need to start growing?

it all depends on your means and availability. folks here do the best with whats available in their area. im lucky i guess. my drs are 400 miles from here and they have very cool hydro stores for me.
fox farm ocean forest and the entire biocanna line is something ive never found before!
a gift for sure!
if i were you and wanted any kind of return from the first grow, my money would be saved for H.I.D. lighting. different bulbs are supposed to be used but iv found great results with the H.P.S. 400 watt and 430 watt.
these two combinations along with great gennetics has grown some nice flowers, ones id be proud of if they were to be placed into the mags. out now!
im no expert i just found somethings that work!
peace
ps
mother nature is the best teacher, go out into the wilderness and see how and what grows. then look closer, witch grows better and why? there are areas that thrive and some just survive. mother nature has a lot to do with this and you can mimic most if not all of it!!!
a gift from me to you!

I think what I'm going to do for my first grow is soil just so i can get the hang of it.

i have compiled from what you guys said and made a lift for thing i would need to start out small then go more advanced

some lights: Philips 120-Watt Incandescent Plant Light Bulb (E)* - 167155 at The Home Depot

soil: some FoxFarm soil which i have found at my local home and garden center

nutrients: Botanicare 733030 CNS17 Grow, 1 Gal

some mylar, light hookups and that's it im sure ill do fine ill start off small and grow 2 or 3 plants just so i can get the hang and then start trying more advanced hydro or ebb and flow systems

if you guys have any more recommendations for products to you or anything of the sort please leave a reply or pm me thanks guys!

oh btw the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Btw , the water thing with MG barely works , forgot to mention that . how do you get a successful grow with MG ?

Btw , the water thing with MG barely works , forgot to mention that . how do you get a successful grow with MG ?

im not ganna use MG so its chill i got foxfarm soil which is good i hear also this thread right here like lists light of whats good for growing a guy recomended these
Philips 120-Watt Incandescent Plant Light Bulb (E)* - 167155 at The Home Depot
but the fourm here says not to use them what light should i get then for a medium to small grow space
Can Blacklights Be Used For Growing?

If its your first grow and you have limited space, start maybe in soil, foxfarm as advised or bio bizz (uk). As far as lights go its up to you really. If you want to save some cash, buy a reflector £20, an maybe try big cfl bulbs, they are the energy savers you get in you house, but you would need a blue spectrum for veg and a red spec for flowering, they will cost about £40 each, thats what i use with good results. That prob best for first grow i'd say.

If you want to spend a bit more use sodium, you need a ballast to run the bulb and it will use a bit more power but your plants wiil grow faster and a bit better. Or even experiment with a few outdoor to see how they grow and what stress they can recieve without dying, like topping them.

CFL bulbs prob cheepest choice mate, good luck. keep lips closed also, first rule!!!!
Peace
:bong:

Back
Top Bottom