Almost ready to move into flower. Room setup/light advice?

AkThunderFunk

My plants are only about a week n a half away from being ready to go into flower. The room is built I just can't decide on what size lights. The room is aprox. 9'x4'. But is only 5' tall, thus my dilemma. I originally wanted 2 1000 watt lights spaced evenly to light up all 9 feet fairly efficiently. But a reflector is about a foot tall, roughly, and the 1000 watt needs to stay roughly 18"-2' away from the plant. So that would only allow me to grow 2 foot tall plants correct? On the other hand I could purchase 2 600 watt lights and space them out in a row, while I wouldn't get as much output, I could use a little bit smaller reflector and have the light closer to top of plants, allowing for a little bit taller plants. So just looking for some extra input. Would the two 600's sufficiently light that big of an area? And, Is it worth sacrificing that much light for the extra 6"-1' I would gain in plant height, or should i get 1000s, and do more plants that are just shorter? Like a SOG type grow? Best yield possible is the determining factor for me. Thanks 420mag community.

Hi AK

Its hard to determine what u r saying. Are the lights going to be hung vertically or horizontally? Keep in mind that in an enclosed space the temps with 2 1000w hps running will be a problem. Without any ventilation my tent reaches temps of 32 C and that's with a 600w running. If you use cool tube reflectors connected to a good fan it will remove the heat created from your lights and enable you to move your lights closer to your plants. How are you growing? DWC, soil???? If you are going to spend the money anyway go with the 1000w with the cool tubes. The more light the better. Shop around for a good fan too.

Hope this helps and good luck

Back
Top Bottom