Grow setup help

8MUSE8

I have a shed that im setting up a grow room in. I have a 4' x 3' x7' tall space that im dividing into two 2' x 3' rooms. One will be for veg and one for flowering, 2-3 plants in each room.
I plan on having 400 watt mh and hps lights.
Does this sound doable?
Im not sure about my ventilation or kind of hydro setup to use.
I need something that will allow me to move my plants easily.
Can anyone help?

Number one thing that I thought of, those 2 separate rooms better be light proof since they are right next to each other. Once they are lightproof, next thing I would do is figure out the venting situation, sounds like it may be tricky due to the 2 rooms being next to each other. I'd only do 2 plants per room or moving stuff around and space will become a problem. How will you keep the temps/humidity stable in there? How big is the sheds maximum size so I know how much walking space you have to get around the tent within the shed?

Im a construction worker and a cabinet maker by trade so the light isn't gonna be a problem. I figured air could flow from grow room to the flower room. I have a 7' space to grow in so i have plenty of play. The shed is 12' x 12' over all. No tent I'm building a cabinet with 2 big doors sort like a deep utility cabinet.

The shed is insulated and i just finished the electric in it.
Will 6" duct be enough for ventilation?
I

I have a shed that im setting up a grow room in. I have a 4' x 3' x7' tall space that im dividing into two 2' x 3' rooms. One will be for veg and one for flowering, 2-3 plants in each room.
I plan on having 400 watt mh and hps lights.
Does this sound doable?
Im not sure about my ventilation or kind of hydro setup to use.
I need something that will allow me to move my plants easily.
Can anyone help?

That sounds very small but I suppose a lot of people have even smaller spaces. Will help if somehow you can squeeze in extra shelving/space somewhere else for supplies and stuff. My space is set up like that though bigger. My veg room is 1/3 size of flower room though and that's way more than I need for the plants- use the rest of the space for supplies . I walk through veg room- a door to get to flower room. The lighting schedule overlaps enough that I can have the door open at night to work and it's been fine that way. Occasionally have to get access to flower room in dark and use a green light to get around. Occasionally because of life scheduling have had to turn off the lights in the veg room to go to work in the dark flower room with the green light. Doesn't seem to have affected my veg plants to my knowledge .The wall between veg and flower room is thin plywood and it's set up to be movable if I ever need to change the size although it's gotten pretty well built in and painted in at this point so I probably never will move it. The overlapping light schedule helps to keep both rooms warm when the lights are off in one of them in case of cold weather. I have separate air systems for each room. It didn't seem to make sense to be venting moist hot air from one room into the other, at least I couldn't figure out a good way to do it.

Oh I see- read that wrong. Well- i'd still aim for a veg room that's 1/3 size or less. Could probably use some of your vertical space in veg room to make an upper shelf for supplies and equipment. Plant trays on drawer slides would work if you have a near full width doors, or set on castors so you can wheel it right out. Check out some of the Cap'ns setups- a base on wheels holding reservoir (in his case with a PVC pipe structure holding scrog screen) and plants sitting on top of res or could build an upper shelf/tray on the same wheeled structure.

No. So lets get the exact lay out
Your shed is 12x12 so I'm assuming by 7ft to plat with you mean when you open doors 5x12 is gone?

So you get an area 7 deep by 12 feet wide looking in?

If that's the case make the veg so it's 4x7?

Nah man. I have a 4' by 3' area to make my grow box in. I have 7 foot hight and plan on growing plants a little taller.

Ah I'm retarded I just read that. What i would do is make that all just one room veg then when ready flip to bloom. Do you have another area for a cloner?

Yeah that would be easiest but i was trying to do a perpetual grow.

Can you just take clones off the veg plants for the next round?

Guess ill be going with a single room instead so ill have space and easier ventilation.
I cant decide on a hydro setup though...

And you could split it up for a small mother plant area, 1.5 feet (450mm) wide should just be enough, with maybe shelves above like suggested.
If you take clones then flip and only have one grow area, you need to keep the clones somewhere for 8 to 10 weeks. If you have a small mother plant spot and a large main grow room, you just grab your cuttings a couple of weeks from harvest. Then when you're harvesting, your cuttings are rooted and ready to veg , happy days.
Cheers n Peace

Back
Top Bottom