Amsterdam: Everything you want to know/ask.

The Holy Mackerel

Not long ago, I went to the greaest city on earth: Amsterdam, Holland. Fuck Las Vegas. I was made for this city. For those who haven't been, it's heaven: Legal pot, legal mushrooms, low crime and the craziest people you can possibly imagine. There are no taboos here and it only adds to the fun. If you have any questions or discussions about this wonderful place, have at it.

Here's a couple of my photos:
the Grasshopper.

The Rockerij, my favourite coffee shop and home to the best weed ever, The Big Bhudda Cheese:

Thats awesome man. I wish i could go to amsterdam...

oh by the way, I'm pretty sure you have to upload your pictures through 420magazine.com. You can't just post pictures that are uploaded on another site.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Go there and it will explain everything.

That sounds and looks awesome! Were there area's where people didn't allow smoking there or is it just widely accepted everywhere? How long did you stay there?

That sounds and looks awesome! Were there area's where people didn't allow smoking there or is it just widely accepted everywhere? How long did you stay there?

You're only SUPPOSED to smoke on designated patios or in the "coffee" shops (some patios don't want it, and will have a sign with a pot leaf with a red line though it), but people light up on city streets, and cops will walk past you without a thought. Hell, the coffee shop called Hill Street Blues in literally next door to the police plaza.

I was there for five glorious days. The cheapest weed there is (of all things) Thai Stick (only 5 euros per gram)!!! The best of the best, Big Bhudda Cheese, runs about 12-15 euros a gram and is so good you want to blow your brains out when you smoke it just so you can die with that buzz going.

There's probably 200 coffee shops strong in Amsterdam, and not one that isn't in your line of sight pretty much anywhere. The city itself is so small, you can (no word of a lie) walk across it in an hour and a half. Not many cars, lots and lots of cheap bikes, and more canals than Venice. It's a gorgeous place, peppered mostly with Brits over for weekend jaunts and bachelor parties. The Red Light District is a real hoot at night, and the safest place in town. However, try to take a picture of the ladies in the window and the locals (and cops) will stomp your camera and your balls along with it. The food is excellent, decent beer is cheap. If I were to give you a top three:

COFFEE SHOPS & THE WEED TO BUY THERE

1) Rockerij- Big Bhudda Cheese
A middle-eastern flavoured decor with comfy couches and a hilariously mouthy and funny staff. Music isn't as loud and Trancy as other shops, and the sell B.B.C, the best weed I've ever smoked.

2) The Old Church- Ice Skunk & Blueberry
In the Red Light District, it's not busy and has a cavalcade of sexy women working in it. The Ice Skunk is a tasty, paralyzing weed.

3) Dampkring- Thai Stick
One of the most famous (and fucking crowded) coffee shops. Chances are you'll be standing in here because of it's infamy (celebrities love this place), but Thai weed is cheap and very different than anything I've ever smoked. It looks like dirt, smells like dog shit and makes you smile at your shoes for 45 minutes straight.

TOURIST ATTRACTIONS

1) The Red Light District
A blast to walk around at night, filled with tourists and bachelor parties wfilled with guys daring each other to fuck one of the surprisngly gorgeous girls behind the glass (though there are a few beasts as well, I think for novelty). It's crowded, safe, and everyone is social and having a great time in this area.

2) Anne Frank Huis
Anne Frank's house is a shockingly mournful and eerie place to tour. Arrive first thing in the morning to avoid huge lines. The only downer in town, but a must to see with your own eyes.

3) The Sex Museum
Another riotous tourist trap (along with the Cannibis museum) filled with hilarious and shocking artifacts, Including twin ten-foot-tall veiny plastic dicks that everyone poses for photos with and a 19th century birdbath made from brass dildos (no, really).

DAYUM!

How much was the trip? Total and just the plane ticket.

The flight is expensive ($2100 each on shitty Dutch KLM airlines), but loding at The Winston at St. Christophers was 250 for a twin-bed room with bathroom for 3 nights. It's mostly hostels in Amsterdam, since hotels are plush and super expensive. Make sure you save up for a private room. It's a friendly city, but always remember the Cardinal Rule of travel: DON'T TRUST ANYBODY. There are lots of pick-pockets and con artists, so secure your belongings.

:ganjamon:Thats a cool thread. I think you have had a nice time .Do you go often < 2 a year] Sounds BUD tastic..

I wished the American Government would take a few lessons from the good people in Amsterdam and see that legalizing marijuana would be an all around good thing for our economy and our people.. Amsterdam has less crime and the people there are always happy because they are allowed to walk in a coffee shop and order a nice cup of nugs..

I went to Amsterdam once and I didn't want to come back to the states. I was like a kid in a candy store going from coffee shop to coffee shop with my jaw dragging the ground and drooling over all the bud that was surrounding me... Everyone I spoke too was as nice as could be I didn't see any fights or arguments the entire week I was in Amsterdam..... I wasn't even back home in the states for a day when I got in a fight with some drunk punk who was running off at the mouth cause he got beer muscles(people who think there tough when drinking) after he was thrown out a bar.......

I never see anyone angry from smoking marijuana and its illegal!! But I came across a lot of angry drunks and thats legal.. Our government has there priorites backwards.......

Hi,Guy's I have lived in Zandam just a few miles out of town Amsterdam that is ! And to tell you the truth I have seen people get busted for smoking weed in the open ! The Ducth,Dont like people smoking in public ! Its the same as in the USA with drinking a beerin the street,You just dont do it! This is why some people get the wrong ID that weed is Legal in the Dam ,Its really not ! daddyzman

this is the best review of amsterdam coffee shops this guy gets so stoned he can't handle the weed and freaks out watch the whole thing hahah it gets annoying tho
YouTube - AMSTERDAM: A Stoned Perspective

The guy in the video is a fucking TOOL (though it IS kind of funny). Centraal station is the hub of the entire city, which bends around it like a boomerang (picture the station as a power pellet and the rest of the city as Pac-Man). Next to Westekerk (a 300 foot tall church belltower) it's the easiest building in the entire city to find. Even after smoking the most powerful shit imaginable I could still navigate that city easily (although one time at night I did go down the wrong alley and came across the scariest mother fuckers on the planet).
Seriously, in a city where barely any building is more than sixty feet tall, how can you miss a gigantic and beautiful train station?

COFFEE SHOPS & THE WEED TO BUY THERE

1) Rockerij- Big Bhudda Cheese
A middle-eastern flavoured decor with comfy couches and a hilariously mouthy and funny staff. Music isn't as loud and Trancy as other shops, and the sell B.B.C, the best weed I've ever smoked.

2) The Old Church- Ice Skunk & Blueberry
In the Red Light District, it's not busy and has a cavalcade of sexy women working in it. The Ice Skunk is a tasty, paralyzing weed.

3) Dampkring- Thai Stick
One of the most famous (and fucking crowded) coffee shops. Chances are you'll be standing in here because of it's infamy (celebrities love this place), but Thai weed is cheap and very different than anything I've ever smoked. It looks like dirt, smells like dog shit and makes you smile at your shoes for 45 minutes straight.

Did you also visit the super popular shops like greenhouse (winner of... god only knows how many cannabis cups), or barneys (another multi time winner)? They are supposed to have AMAZING strains.

Did you also visit the super popular shops like greenhouse (winner of... god only knows how many cannabis cups), or barneys (another multi time winner)? They are supposed to have AMAZING strains.

I did to 2 different Greenhouse Effects, but they're crowded and I found them hyped up too much. They had terriffic Apple Jack and AK-47, though.

man is that guy annoying or what?? haha I hear Barney's is a pretty badass coffee shop. When I make my trip to Amsterdam this spring that will most likely be my first stop.

I've been to two of the Greenhouse shops. Greenhouse Effect is the McDonald's of Dam's coffee shops. Busy, famous, pricey, shitty staff, and in my opinion overrated. Their AK-47 and Applejack is really something, but in my eyes it can't hold a candle to Rockerij's & Grey Area's Bhudda Cheese or Resin's paralyzing strain called Gravity.

The Bulldog is also popular (and prolific) with several shops around the town, since it's the first coffe shop and it has a notoriously rude staff. Baba is on Warmoestraat (a street) where I sayed and had great "space cake" and brownies amd a cool middle-eastern decor, but they play trance music at the same decibel level as a hydrogen bomb explosion (they do this at most coffe shops, which is odd because I usually associate trance and techno with something other rather than weed, but I like it so I don't carp).

The Grasshopper is a huge three story coffee shop on Damrak (the main drag) and just south of Centraal station across from the Sex Museum. It's gorgeously lit up in green lights at night but don't buy loose joints there, since they LOAD them with tobacco. However, the have persian hash that pulls apart like slimy waste oil and gets you so high you'll forget what losing your virginity was like.

You'll actually find since it's mostly British tourists, more people generally smoke hash than weed (it's a european thing). You are allowed to buy up to 5 grams at a single shop and YES, you can walk out of the shop without having to smoke it all. You can take as much with you as you want.

Only buy seeds at actual seed shops, not markets (they suck and won't sprout).

man is that guy annoying or what?? haha I hear Barney's is a pretty badass coffee shop. When I make my trip to Amsterdam this spring that will most likely be my first stop.

I have no info on that place. I maybe hit up a max of fifteen while there (it was difficult because my wife was five months pregnant at the time and either of us wanted her anywhere near that shit)

Back
Top Bottom