An attitude survey of the effects of Marijuana on sexual enjoyment

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Harold H. Dawley Jr., Ph. D. 1 *, Addison S. Baxter 2, Daniel K. Winstead 3, James R. Gay 4
1Veterans Administration Hospital and Tulane University School of Medicine
2University of Southern Mississippi
3Veterans Administration Hospital and Tulane University School of Medicine
4Tulane University School of Medicine

*Correspondence to Harold H. Dawley Jr., Psychology Service, Veterans Administration Hospital, 1601 Perdido Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70146
Appreciation is expressed to Clifford Hurndon for his assistance in the preparation of this manuscript.

Abstract (PDF)
Determined attitudes on the effects of marijuana on sexual enjoyment by self-report for a group of 84 graduate students of health sciences. The students were grouped in three categories: those who had sexual experience while under the influence of marijuana (experienced smokers), those who have smoked marijuana but who have not had such experience (non-experienced smokers), and non-smokers. Results are again inconclusive despite the fact that a majority in each category responded in a positive manner to the initial question concerning the effect of marijuana on the enjoyment of sexual intercourse. There is sufficient support to indicate that at least some experienced smokers have derived an enhancement of sexual pleasure while they were using marijuana. The implication is that there may be value in researching the use of marijuana in treatment of sexual disorders.

My wife and I have been married for 12 years and she's pretty vanilla -- I'm DEFINITELY not. She's really just started smoking and wants to smoke more. She really enjoys it.

Do you think it would open her up to trying new things and being more adventurous or am I screwed so to speak?

Back
Top Bottom