An elaboration on the phytochemical process that makes THC

I'm sorry mate, but Jorge Cervantes and ALL major breeders disagree with you. I suggest you re-read the article and listen to the science. Even Howard Marks in his video diary confirms sun pot is more potent.
As for purple pot, it is a MARKETING fad peculiar to California, and the World looks on in amusement. Because pot is purple, has no bearing on potency.
Please don't take offence, but you cannot argue with the facts. Please, please read this. Purple Pot - Tutorial/Pictorial

empirical results 13 hour dark cycle seems to give a faster frosty look to plants than straight 12/12 by about a week

i minimize science fair project recordkeeping so i can't give folks the tech data but poking around university agriculture will get you
similar info on web sites that do daylength research [try poinsettas
or bedding plants]

I ran a 14 off 10 on flowering cycle for a entire grow. I finished about 7 to 10 days earlier and lost 25% to 35% of my yield due to it too. Buds were fluffy, plants stretched more than normal as well. Wasn't worth the extra 7 to 10 days saved.

IMO 1 hour more darkness a day won't help you enough in any way to matter or be noticed. Plus IMO if your using floros you should be using as much light as you can for bigger buds. Not more darkness. But these are just my thoughts and it's your grow.

you say full spectrum what kind of lighting do you have on that setup ?

or do you use natural light with a blackout curtain/ shutters ?

if you use natural light are the windows glass or plastic ?

glass does block UV.... don't remember how much

Yeapper,
this was one of them I was lookin' for.
Thanks Moose :bong:

I still say rain and weather knock some trichs offf :cheesygrinsmiley:

So the Most effective protocol would be, 'er so it appears to me,
indoor protection with outdoor light ... maybe even amp up the UV

so at 50-60 days, clones out starting Halloween,
they would finish with max exposure by Jan.
run that out, perpetually weekly, to Apr20 :cheesygrinsmiley:
Sounds like market cornerin' Timing to me.

i have always found that high quality outdoor is more potent than the indoor chron i get....the only problem is finding someone capable of growing good weed outdoors....most people pull their weed out of the ground weeks too early out of paranoia that someone is gonna steal theyre weed thus the max potential is rarely reached with outdoor weed....ive always believed there is nothing better than the suns rays as a source of light

wow really awesome post
glad my first grow is outdoors :)
Thanks Smoking Moose

Hey I don't know anything about the facts you speak of... and of course I don't take offense. I'm here to learn and if I can, throw a word in every now and then.
I don't doubt for a moment that the sun is more potent than any indoor lighting... but i also don't know of any outdoor environment that can be controlled so specifically as an indoor grow.
I think we're missing each other (but maybe not). I'm saying that I think indoor product is more potent than outdoor... Not that the sun is less powerful than indoor lights.
Edit: i actually have a post in that thread you posted for me.

Back
Top Bottom