An old-timer told me...

brodisattva

within the last week before harvest, squeeze the shit out of your colas and buds and whatever ("donkey dicks" he called em) therefore mildly injuring the buds and causing the plant to send good healthy resin up to the buds to repair itself, leading to stickier buds at harvest.

potential pros and cons of this method? thanks for all input...

:grinjoint:

I wouldn't advise it, but with just about everything one can "hear" in this field.. Try it. If it works, use it if not don't use it again :)

or you could skip that and just go with it not working.

I always like to hear all imput, and the reasons behind it...
I know that most of the thc is in the head of the trichome but if you squeeze and knock them off will they grow back??

I've herd once a resin gland if formed they do not reform if damaged... but they might? anyone know?

Once the hairs turn red and recede the THC production has stopped or slowed equal to degradation. Once a gland has burst the oils will leak out and decay. This will be why the plant is sticky. If you mush the plant up it will have a hard time drying completely. I don't imagine this to be a wise idea.

Sounds like a good way to snag a sale. I think we would all rather sticky stinky buds.

Once the hairs turn red and recede the THC production has stopped or slowed equal to degradation...

Agreed. If you have brought the plant to the time of harvest and the trichomes are getting cloudy the plant has stopped producing THC and it is beggining to degrade into other cannibinols such as CBD. At this point, all resin production has ceased and the plant is at the end of it's natural life cycle.

This "method" sounds like a good way to ruin the potential potency of the final product by damaging the delicate trichomes. And who wants a smashed up cola anyway? :peace:

Back
Top Bottom